Happy Birthday

It was Bucky's birthday tomorrow! He was so excited until... 

"Hey Buck," Steve calls sadly.

"Hey Stevie, why are you so sad?" He asked

"I... won't be able to make it to your birthday."

"What! Why!?" Bucky cried out

"Fury is sending me on a mission."

"Why didn't you ask for the day off or something!"

"That's not quite how it works. I tried to see if I could do it the next day or if someone could take my place but he just kept denying. I'm so sorry Buck. I promise to give you the best birthday when I get back." Tears where threating to fall out of Steve's eyes. Bucky was already crying.

"oh... okay. Wh-- When do yy- you get bbb- back?" Bucky sobbed out. His best friend... his boyfriend was missing his first birthday since things were back to normal. Well as normal as their lives get. 

"Well I leave at around 9 o'clock tonight and I return late on Sunday."

"I don't even get to see you till late the day after my birthday?"

"Sorry, Buck. I gotta pack." Steve says kissing Bucky's cheek 

~~~ Time Skip through Steve's packing ~~~

"I love you Stevie," Bucky says embracing Steve

"I love you more," Steve says with tears welled up in his eyes. He really didn't wanna leave. They share a short passionate yet sweet kiss. 

"Don't do anything stupid now." Bucky chuckles with tears falling down his cheeks. 

"Can't when you're taking it all with you." He says with a sad smile. They kiss one more time and then Steve is gone. 

Bucky goes to make himself some tea to calm himself down and then he begins to watch his favorite show. Supernatural. He fell in love with it because like what Steve does for Bucky, Castiel does for the Winchester brothers. He also loved it because Sam Winchester's puppy dog eyes are identical to Steve's. This made Bucky more upset. He decided to go to sleep. He put his mug of tea only half drank in the sink and walked to the bedroom. He changed into pajama pants and took off his shirt. He crawled into his side of the bed and faced away from where Steve would sleep so he couldn't see that Steve was gone. It was basically a sleepless night for Bucky. 

At around six the next day, his birthday, he heard people rustling around his living room and kitchen. He got up and peered around the corner to see his friends trying to set up a party. Natasha whisper yelling at Bruce to move the banner more to the left. Tony was sitting in a chair looking at the paper and Wanda and Pietro trying to help with the cake. Bucky turned around and went back into his room. He smiled at what his friends were trying to do but he still really missed Steve. He heard hushed and rapid whisper outside his door so he pretended to go back to sleep. The door burst open. 

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUCKY!!!!" Everyone whooped. Some were more excited than others but Bucky appreciated it all the same. (*Cough Tony stop *cough being an a-- *Cough)

"Thanks, guys!" Bucky says getting up from the bed. 

"No problem little guy!" Pietro says while hugging Bucky and also giving him a nuggie. Bucky slapped his hand away and laughed. 

"You're so weird," Bucky retorts laughing. "So what are we doing first?"

"Well, let's walk into your living room!" Wanda says wiggling her eyebrows. Bucky laughs. He really did enjoy all of them doing this. They walk into the living room. Bucky remembers how it looked before. They really improved it.