Back Again

I loved reading their poems.

I was on this website/app that anyone could release their own stories or poems on. There was a particular book I liked though. It was a book of poems.

The writers screen name was "wintersoldier3." That's all I knew about them. Well that and that they didn't have a great home life. They wrote about that in some of their poems. Most of their poems were quite dark, but I enjoyed them non the less. I even related to some of the poems, but looking back that feels kind of stupid of me. My life is great there's no reason for me to say I feel like any of that.

Anyways I write stories on the app as well. My screen name is "Stevie10." It's just my nickname and a number.

I write oneshots and to be more specific I write oneshots of one of my favorite ships. That ship is Drarry aka Draco Malfoy and Harry Potter.

I don't exactly remember how I came across the wintersoldier's poems but I was glad I did. When I found their poems, they became a very big part of my life. I constantly commented on their poems saying how I could relate or just how amazing their poems where. I also voted and hoped that their amazing poems could be seen by others.

I added the poems book to the online library so I would get notifications everytime it was updated. As soon as I saw the notification I'd open up the app and immediately read the poem.

I liked how their poems differed though. They weren't all the same. Some where simple and you understood what they meant straight away and others you had to really think about to really get the full meaning.

I had stopped getting notifications last year from them around this time. I was scared what had happened to them. I didn't know if they had died or fled or where forced into an unsafe environment, I just didn't know.

Even though I hardly knew them I was terrified. I didn't want to be rude or annoy them so I decided not to try and contact them right away. After a week or so I decided to try and get their attention. I direct messaged them saying,

"Hey it's been a while and I haven't heard from you much and I wanna make sure you're okay. I'm here to talk or listen if you need it."

I left it at that to scared to annoy them especially since we weren't necessarily friends. We honestly only talked in the comments of their poems.

About a month had gone past and I realized I'd just have to live with it and move on with life. I had no other way to communicate with them and it really wasn't any of my business either.

Months had gone by and I was struggling to upload stories for my book. School got a lot tougher and I got more and more busy. I tried to upload when I could but I could barely come up with ideas. I ended up putting in the description that I did slow updates.

I got to upload once this year though,  but then the world fell to pieces. Coronavirus came through and messed up my scheduling making it even harder to upload.

It had been four months since I last uploaded and I had tons of drafts I could if uploaded but I hated all of them.

I got home from a drive in movie with my parents, but couldn't fall asleep. I didn't fall asleep till around 5am, but something special happened in those hours I didn't know about.

Because I hardly used the app it barely gave me notifications and if it did they were a few hours late.

I'd finally fallen asleep but woke up again three hours later at 8am. I opened my phone and it said there was an upload to the poems book I used to love.

I immediately opened the app, but saw something more interesting. I had a new message. The message was from wintersoldier3! I was beyond excited they said how it was their first time back on the app since what felt like forever.

They where happy to see the message from me. They also told me they were doing better then the last time they were logged on and that made me feel so happy. They hoped that I was safe as well and ended the message.

They had sent that at 1:44am.

I texted back just to say I was glad they were back and then went to go read the new poems they released. I read the first and again commented I was happy they were back. I tried to scroll, but it said there was no more poems, but that wasn't true because I got a notification I was tagged in a poem.

I tried to press on the notification but it didn't do anything so I just assumed they deleted it. Later that day I came back to the app to read something when I decided to try the notification again.

It worked.

I started crying. I felt like I missed my opportunity to find a way to stay in touch. They mention in to poem that they probably won't stay, but are only here for a visit. I hope they return again.

I was glad to be a part of their life and I'm so happy that their life is better then what it used to be. I hoped we could stay intouch so I decided to write a story about it using my two characters and pretend like it happend to them. Maybe I could write a happy ending where they find away to keep in contact with each other or I could make it sad where the never hear from each other again.

I decided to leave it more as a cliff hanger. I left it how it is for me. I saw their poems and wrote a story. We'll see how it goes from here! I hope to here from wintersoldier3, but I have no idea what will happen.

A/N: Welp this is actually about me and snieves3 I play the part of Steve and they're Bucky! I hope we find away to keep in touch and to all my readers I promise to be more active now. I got a new spark of inspiration!