Inner Demons

A/N: Trigger warning for suicide. So, guys, this is an angsty, depressing shot. Skip over it if you can't handle it. ♡
~~~
"It's been a really long day at work and all I want to do is go home and see Bucky" Steve was thinking. He got to the house and searched his pocket for his keys. All he wanted to do is see Bucky. When he gets in he calls for Bucky.

"Bucky I'm home!" He calls out. He looks around for Bucky and notices a note on the counter. He reads it to himself.

"I know you told me not to let them in and that I should close my eyes and just clear my thoughts but when I'm all alone they show up on their own. Cause inner demons fight their battles with fire. Inner demons don't play by the rules. I know you said to push them down and fight harder; I didn't mean to give up on life so soon. I wanted the angels to just keep on fighting, but today the angels gave up on me. The demons they were there and the kept biting because inner demons just don't go away. I begged the angels to please hear my prayers, but... Stevie life is pain, life's not fair. I begged the angels to take my pain to take the fear. People say it won't hurt, but they can't see the pain and battles in my heart. Inner demons just don't play well with angels." Steve starts to form tears in his eyes. He was positive he knew where this is going but he read the rest of the letter for Bucky. 

"The demons cheat, lie, and steal and break and bruise. You did a good job protecting me from the rebels but the angles didn't do as well of a job. This wasn't a battle I wanted to lose. I love you, Stevie. So so much. Never forget that. Please keep fighting, I know your angels are much stronger than mine."

Steve finished the letter. He could barely see through the tears. He couldn't imagine a world with Bucky gone. Not again. He wipes his eyes and frantically searches for Bucky. He searches the whole house. All that was left was the bathroom. The bathroom door was locked. Steve broke through the door and Bucky was lying on the floor. He pulled him in to feel his heartbeat. 

"Please don't leave me!" Steve screams. He hoped Bucky could here him. 

"Hold on, I still want you. Come back Buck, I still need you." Steve holds his hand.

"I swear to love you all my life." Steve chokes out. Steve calls 911. 

~~~

Steve was able to ride in the ambulance with Bucky. He felt like they were on a long endless highway. He looks at Bucky who was silent beside him. It was like driving in a nightmare that he can't escape from. Steve was helplessly praying that Bucky's light wasn't fading. They arrive at the hospital. Steve watched them take Bucky away on a table to a room. Steve was pacing back and forth outside the door watching Bucky just lay still. They pulled Bucky into feel his heartbeat. A doctor walks to the doorway and closes the closes and locks the door. Steve falls to the floor. 

"Please don't leave me!" he screams

~~~

Steve's allowed to come in to see Bucky and say his goodbyes. He sit's beside Bucky holding his hand.

"I don't want let go. I know I'm not that strong. I just wanna hear you saying 'Baby let's go home'" he whispers to Bucky

"Let's go home..." he chokes

"Hold on I still want you."

"Come back... I still need you."

A/N: I had a little bit of time so I decided to write this. Sorry it was a little sad. If you guys suffer from suicidal thoughts or depression please know you can fight those inner demons. Sometimes you just have to hold on.