Escaping Marriage

A/N: I know Bucky and Steve are a bit backward in this but I like it better this way! soz!

Marriage is supposed to be one of the best times you'll ever experience in your life. If only that were the case for me. I'm being forced to marry what my father calls the "woman of my dreams." All I know about her is that she's blonde, has blue eyes, very intelligent, and part of the Carter family. That's all my father think is important. Keeping our family's high status and since I'm an only child, all that responsibility is on me.

We live in a large village with half of the population being extremely rich and the other half being dirt poor. I'm part of the wealthy population. I go to a wealthy school, I have a large house, and pretty much everything I want. The only thing I could ask for is better friends.

I have one friend named Natasha who is apart of the Russian family here, the Romanovs. She is the only person in the rich population here who isn't an absolute a**hole. You talk to anyone here on this side of the village and you get snobby comments. I hate it. The Carter's are some of those a*ssholes. At least the elders are because I have never met the children as they go to some fancy private school in England.

Also, there is a problem with this marriage. I'm not straight. My father hates that and refuses to think his only son and only child is gay. Every time I mention it, I hear, "James Barnes! Do not say that disgusting thing in this household! It's just a phase so shut it." He has been saying that for the past five years. I'm twenty now and I'm supposed to be getting married this Friday. That's two days away.

How the hell am I supposed to get out of this? I'm currently locked in my room at the hotel our family owns. It's almost lunch which means I'll be able to get out of this stuffy room for at least ten minutes. My father doesn't trust me that I will stay in this room or in this area if I could open the door. He's not wrong though, I would run as far as possible. If only mom was here, she would never make me do anything like this. She only wanted me to be happy.

My mother had passed away when I was nine. She was a scientist and she was doing an experiment that went wrong. She always told me how much she loved me and how she would never make me go through the same experience as her. That experience was an arranged marriage. Now guess who's getting an arranged marriage Friday. Her son.

My mother absolutely hated my father but she was forced to marry him. I loved my mother more than I probably should have to since she did also secretly hate me. I know I said she loved me, but since I look like an exact replica of my father, brown hair, scruffy beard, and blue eyes, she couldn't stand to look at me most of the time. It hurt since I loved her and I too also hated my father. Besides being a snobby jerk, he would hurt anyone who went against him. Especially my mother and I. I think that's why my mother always said she loved me, so I wouldn't be alone like she was.

KNOCK KNOCK

"Mr.Barnes it is lunchtime now. You can come out and I am here to escort you to your father," The maid called out unlocking the door. I guess thinking about my mother made time fly by fast.

"Coming," I groaned. I was happy to finally get out of this room, but I hate being escorted everywhere. I honestly feel as if I'm in prison. None the less I get off my bed and walk to the door opening it to see one of the maids.

"You're father is waiting for you in the limo. Come with me and we shall get there peacefully."

I silently follow behind her and walk through the halls of the hotel. It would be stunning to most people but honestly, this looks almost just like our manor. High ceilings, crown molding, everything is an off white, and you have fancy high-class paintings everywhere.