Cupid pt.2

We headed out of the cafeteria to our first class. Defense.

~~~

I took my seat but not even a second later a voice boomed beside me. 

"Students, go against the wall today I'm assigning seats." 

I groaned quietly in frustration, knowing this will not end well. 

"Potts, Rogers," The teacher droned on, pointing to a table at the back. Smith sent Rogers a small grin, which he kindly returned. It kinda wrenched my insides.

"Carsons, Stark." The whole class looked at each other exchanging wide-eyed glances. We all knew this meant 'oooohhhhh sh*t.' I grinned amused at the annoyed look that Elijah had on his face. Stark smirked to himself, knowing it would be fun taunting Elijah. Stark and Elijah sat right in front of Potts and Rogers. Stark made sure to sit directly in front of the redhead.

"Quill, Barnes." The cocky grin on my face immediately vanished. I snapped my head in the direction of the said Avenger, who had the same expression I had on his face. I groaned on the inside, knowing this was going to be a hell of a year having to be seated next to Peter Quill. Aka one of the most arrogant, F**k-boyish kids in this damn school. I scowled at him as we took our seats opposite side of Rogers and Potts.

As the teacher continued through the names I was expecting Quill to snarl at me while the teacher wasn't looking or something like that. But, surprisingly that never happened. Quill and I went through the entire class not clawing each other's eyes out. Definitely an improvement. At the end of class, I gathered my stuff and headed out of the room my friends trailing behind me. Then there was a hand on my shoulder making me jump and turn around.

"What?" I glared at Stark. He was surrounded by his entourage: The Avengers. 

"F**k Barnes, chill," He said raising his arms in defeat, "I just wanted to say, I'd like it if you asked some of your friends to join the soccer team."

"Honestly Stark. Look, I'm already one of your defenders, as well as Elijah is a center midfielder. Pierson has no intent on joining as he is way to busy studying anyways. As for everyone else in this school, I hate them so this order is pointless. Goodbye." I twirled on my heels with Elijah sniggering beside me. Pierson's probably already in class.

Also if you're wondering why I'm friends with Pierson Archen if all he is, is a studying nerd then let me explain. Yes, Pierson does study and loves coding but when he isn't he is one of the evilest people you will ever meet. Once a couple of years ago he was working on homework for our Powers Control class and a new kid spilled a smoothie on it. Power Control homework is also very time-consuming so having your work destroyed in front of you makes you want to tear someone limb from limb. Obviously, he couldn't do that so instead he shaved off all his hair including his eyebrows. But he played it off so terribly well that he didn't even get detention but the new kid did. 

"So not changing your position?" Elijah asked 

"Course not. Being able to knock people down because you're the strongest on the field and you have hundreds of fans cheering you on. Wouldn't ever change it for the world." I said nonchalantly. I was the best defender, Quill being the second. Surprisingly we made a really good team.

"So what's going on with Rogers?" Elijah asked as we entered our living room on our floor.

If I had a drink I would have spilled it right then and there. I looked at Elijah arguably. 

"Excuse me? There is nothing between us!" I exclaimed my arms crossing. He snorted rolling his eyes.

"Stop lying. There is sexual tension between you two. Everyone is painfully watching you two." He said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world