Best Present

Steve and Bucky have been dating for about a month now. They loved each other beyond belief, but they never told each other. Christmas was also coming up. AND... Bucky totally forgot. And by Christmas is coming up... I mean Christmas is tomorrow.

They were currently lying on the couch at home when Bucky was reminded. Steve was just going on and on about how he hopes Bucky would like his present.

"I just hope you love my present! I knew exactly what was the perfect present when I saw it!" Steve exclaimed

"Present? Present for what?" Bucky asked confused

"For Christmas silly! Don't tell me you forgot."

"Of course I didn't forget. I was just joking!" Buck played of smoothly. Somehow Steve actually believed him

"Okay good," Steve laughed, "I can't wait to see the present you got me!"

"I know you'll love it," Bucky said checking the time and date on his phone. It was 10 at night and December 24.

"I'm tired so I'm gonna go to bed now," Steve said kissing Bucky's forehead.

"Goodnight. I'm actually gonna grab something from the store and I'll be back. Okay?" Bucky asked

"Okay. Just don't wake me up when you get home."

After that, they went their separate ways. Steve went in his room and put on a white shirt and Christmas boxers, then he started to wrap Bucky's present. He actually didn't buy a present for Bucky, he made it. It took him a while because Steve usually just sketched things. He's never painted. He took a photo he had of him and Bucky kissing in the snow and made it bigger. (picture that was shown above just like a million times better tho, cuz that's actually crap. I drew it btw. Also in the picture, they would be kissing) He watched some videos online to teach him how to paint with watercolors. It took him about a week to paint the entire thing, but when he was done, he couldn't have been prouder of himself.

Now onto Bucky. Once he closed the door he ran to his motorcycle and drove to the nearest mall. He had no idea what he was going to get Steve. All he knew is that he had about 1 hour to find it because the mall closed at 11. He walked past a lot of stores but saw nothing that was perfect. He didn't want to get him clothes, because that was boring and didn't show how much he loved Steve. He saw an arts and craft shop and decided to look in there to see if there was anything he could get Steve in there. He knew Steve loved sketching and had almost everything but maybe Bucky could find something.

Bucky searched almost the whole store and found absolutely nothing. He continued searching the entire mall going in and out of stores, then it was 11. He left with nothing in his hands. He drove the motorcycle around the city to see if he could find a store that was still open, but to no avail, he couldn't find one.

He drove back home empty-handed.

When he got back home he saw a crack of light under Steve's door. He quietly walked over to the door and knocked softly. He didn't get an answer back so he opened the door. He saw a cute Steve passed out on the floor with a wrapped present next to him. Bucky knew better not to look at the present even though it was tempting, and picked Steve up and lightly laid him on his bed and tucked him in.

He then walked to his room and changed out of his clothes putting on Christmas pajama pants. He turned off the light and laid down on his bed staring at the ceiling. He had no idea how he was going to get to sleep tonight. He was worrying so much about Christmas tomorrow. Then he thought of something, it was lame, but it just might work. Probably not. Uhhgg. What was he going to do?

~~~ Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse ~~~

Bucky woke up with a shock. All he heard was the blaring of Hallelujah coming from the living room. He turned to look at his clock. It was only 7 in the morning. Why did Steve have to wake up for Christmas so soon?

Bucky, not so gracefully, got out of bed and walked to the living room. He saw Steve happily singing to Hallelujah as he sipped his hot cocoa.

"Man is he cute!" Bucky thought. Steve then turned around. Bucky may have accidentally said that out loud.

"Thanks," Steve laughed, "Do you wanna open presents now?"

"Sure!" Bucky said with fake enthusiasm. He didn't want to disappoint Steve. Good thing they had presents from the rest of the Avengers to open first. They also sent presents to the Avengers, but they sent one to each of them, but they made it from both of them. And by they I mean, Steve did it all by himself. He didn't mind though.

~~~ Time skip through the beautiful and wonderful presents ~~~

"Are you ready for my present now?" Steve asked as he was cuddled up under Bucky.

"Of course!" Steve got out from under Bucky's arm and grabbed a rectangular and flat box, that was wrapped in light blue wrapping paper and had snowflakes on it. He walked back to Bucky giving him the present then going back under Bucky's arm.

Bucky started opening it. When he finally tore all the wrapping paper, he properly looked at it. It was a beautiful picture of him and Steve kissing in the snow.

"Did you paint this Stevie?" Bucky asked tears welling in his eyes

"Mhm. Do you like it?" Steve asked scared Bucky hated it since he had tears on the brim of his eyes.

"Like it? Stevie, I love it!" Bucky sobbed pulling Steve into an embrace. They stayed that way for a few minutes before Steve pulled back.

"Why are you crying?" Steve said grabbing Bucky's cheeks wiping away some of his tears.

Bucky looked away not being able to look at Steve. He felt so guilty. "Look at me, Buck. It's okay" Steve said grabbing Bucky's chin to look at him.

"I-- I'm so sorry Stevie. I'm the worst Boyfriend ever. I forgot about Christmas and didn't get you a proper present." Bucky decided he was going to use the present he thought of last night since they were probably gonna break up because of this. "I tried looking last night when you went to bed. I looked in every store and I couldn't find the perfect thing. I thought of something last night lying in bed, but it's not amazing."

"What is it, Buck?"

"I love you, Stevie."

That was the first time either one of them said: "I love you."

Bucky looked up to see Steve with tears in his eyes. He tried to leave, but Steve pulled him back down. Bucky refused to look at him.

"Buck. Buck. Bucky, look at me." Steve said pulling at his chin so they were looking at each other. "That was the best Christmas present I could have asked for!"

"Really?" Bucky asked

"Really!" Steve said in a sob. He pulled Bucky into a long passionate kiss. When they stopped, they put their foreheads together. Steve looked straight into Bucky's eyes.

"I love you too!"

A/N: MERRY FRICKIN CHRISTMAS! Here is a cute little story that I hope you enjoyed. Also if you don't celebrate Christmas, then happy whatever holiday you celebrate! I'll leave this short and write more in the Shoutout. Again, Merry Christmas and happy holidays!

~~~ Meme <3