My Little Bird

I was dumping the trash at the trash collection point when I first laid eyes on this strange creature. It was a small bird. It was small and black but on its head, there was a bit of blonde fluff. I looked at it confused. Its chirps sounded like cries. I wondered if it fell from its nest.

"Hey little guy, it's dangerous here," I started, reaching my hand out to it I continued, "what if there's a cat or something?"

The small bird rubbed against my hand. I picked him up and brought him back to my home. I walked in announcing my arrival and then walked up to my room with the small bird. I set him on my desk and then cut the top of a tissue box off and laid the bird in there. He chirped loudly. I wondered if he wanted something to eat. I grabbed a piece of lettuce from downstairs and put it in his box. After that, I turned off the lights and went to sleep.

I was stunned when I woke up. I couldn't make a coherent sentence. There was a small stark naked boy in my room.

"Wh- WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?" I yelled, but the boy didn't wake up, "Hey! Get up! Why are you naked? Where did you even come from! HEY!"

The small boy sat up. 

"Hello there! Nice to meet you! My name's Steve! I am an angel and was sent down here from heaven. Though I'm still a little chick," the small boy announced. I just stared at him and then covered my eyes.

"Eh? Are you even listening? Look! I was the little bird you picked up yesterday!"

I looked in the box I put the chick in. It was empty. 

"We angels have rule! Once someone picks us up, we have to live with them! So from today and onwards, I'll be living with you!"

I walked to my closet slamming the doors open. I grabbed one of my hoodies and shoved it over the small boy's body. I then grabbed a pair of sweatpants and shoved them in his arms. I then grabbed his wrist and rushed him downstairs and out of the house. I pushed him through the fence and then closed it.

"These clothes should do. Don't come back to my house ever again," I demanded

~~~ Magic time skip to after school ~~~

I was now in the gym getting ready for volleyball practice, but for some reason, my thoughts went back to the boy this morning. I mean what was with that perverted guy this morning? There's no way that guy is really- I just don't get it.

"I heard from some freshman that you sent Tanner and Jake out," Carlos said giving me a disappointed look

"God, Bucky, this is the fourth time in April," Joey complained

"I can't help but wonder why did you have to knock them down and make them cry yesterday?" Carlos asked

"What's wrong with telling someone that they're unskilled? It's too bothersome to motivate them if it feels like a lie. It'll just go to waste," I explain bluntly

"Fucking King."

"Come on let's go."

I hated being called the king. I wasn't a king. I chugged back my water as people talked around me. As I was drinking I heard a yell.

"James!"

I looked at the entrance to the gym. It was the boy from this morning with the shirt and pants I gave him. He was smiling and waving at me. I spit out my water. I heard people questioning who he is and how I knew him.

"Oh! Volleyball! This looks so cool! I want to try one of those super cool moves!" He says skipping towards me

The other seniors surrounded him before he could reach me. They kept asking him questions.