τρία

「 time check; 00:57 」      「 ship; markhyuck 」

     「 ship; markhyuck 」

donghyuck was in class, sitting next to his very close friend, mark, while they waited for their teacher to enter the classroom.

the younger really, really liked mark, and for a long time now, but feared if he told him he wouldn't want to be around him anymore.

on that specific day, the classroom was extremely cold, and donghyuck was slowly freezing his ass off since he was only in jeans and a plain t-shirt.

mark seemed to notice the boy's discomfort and shivering, so he moved closer to him, slinging one arm around his shoulder.

"are you really that cold?" the older asked, giggling slightly, though donghyuck was trying his best to fight back a furious blush. he didn't say anything in return, which caused mark's giggle to dial down.

"donghyuck, you've been really quiet for a while now," mark frowned, missing the cheery and happy boy he fell head over heels for the moment they met. "what's wrong?"

the younger looked at him and shrugged his shoulders, although his eyes were screaming something else.

that's when mark couldn't take it anymore, and decided it was now or never.

he couldn't stand seeing donghyuck so distant towards him.

it was killing him.

"well hey. i think i have something that will make you feel better." mark mumbled, gently taking one of donghyuck's small hands into his own.

this time, the younger couldn't fight his blush and turned a deep shade of red, something mark smiled cutely at.

"i'm trying so hard not to run away from his right now, donghyuck..." he nervously said, tightening his grip on the shorter's hand as he continued, staring him right in the eye with every word he uttered.

"i like you. a lot."

and that's when donghyuck finally felt he was free, the burdening fear of being rejected and losing his best friend finally dispersing from his heart.

the younger gave a smile, giggling and tugging mark into his arms happily, pecking his neck chastely. mark beamed at his reaction, cutely allowing himself to be snuggled to death by donghyuck.

no words were needed to express how the boys felt.

they both knew their intentions at heart.

the older switched their positions so he was cradling donghyuck in one single chair, now playing with his hair.

they got strange looks from the other students entering the class, but neither of them cared at all.

they found each other.

and that was all they wanted.

・゜゜・.

you're appreciated. you're loved. and remember, you're never alone.

— áltura