τριάντα ένα

[ r ]

「 time check; 21:49 」 「 ship; markhyuck 」

「 ship; markhyuck 」

donghyuck came from school super disappointed in himself.

he didn't know why, but he had been off all day.

he couldn't focus in any class, he had trouble keeping up with his lessons, and he just felt extremely tired.

he understood that everybody had days like that, but today just happened to be the day he had many graded quizzes in each class.

he just knew those weren't going to turn out well.

mark was the kitchen, making some food for him and his boyfriend. he heard the door opening as he heard donghyuck, and greeted him with a cheerful hello.

he raised an eyebrow when he didn't receive any sort of reply in return.

and donghyuck always responded to him.

"baby?" he asked again, this time walking out of the kitchen only to find donghyuck silently putting his stuff down by the front and walking upstairs and to his room, completely ignoring mark.

this alarmed the boy, who simply stared up at the empty staircase his lover just walked through.

mark turned everything off in the kitchen before slowly making his way into donghyuck's room, opening the door to see his boyfriend softly sobbing into his pillow.

the taller sat down on the bed, on the side donghyuck was facing, and wiped the boy's tears from his face slightly.

the younger pouted and turned away from mark, feeling like complete shit.

"hey... what's wrong, love?" mark whispered, sliding his arms over donghyuck's hips and placing a soft kiss on the back of his neck. the younger whimpered, shutting his eyes tight and taking a deep breath.

he slowly turned back towards mark, messing with his fingers and looking down.

"i-i just feel bad... i'm sorry f-for not greeting you back. it's n-not your fault my day was horrible." he muttered silently, finding it in himself to timidly look up at his boyfriend.

mark lovingly caressed his thigh, pulling him up so the smaller boy was laying directly on top of him.

"it's my job to always make your day better." mark smiled softly, pressing his lips against donghyuck's.

mark knew his lover, and he knew he didn't like talking about things the same time he was upset. so, he didn't ask him.

donghyuck placed his chin on mark's chest and just gazed at him for a short while, the tears in his eyes slowly drying.

"i-i love you." the younger muttered, nuzzling his head ever so gently into mark's neck.

the boy smiled wider, and snaked his arms around donghyuck's waist.

"i love you too, baby."

・゜゜・.

you're appreciated. you're loved. and remember, you're never alone.

— áltura