είκοσι ένα

「 time check; 21:29 」 「 ship; renle 」

「 ship; renle 」

renjun and chenle were cuddled up on renjun's bed, the older holding his boyfriend close and safe in his arms.

chenle relished in his touch, feeling like he was actually wanted on this earth.

the couple's love story was a different one than the rest out there.

renjun was the boy who helped chenle out of an incredibly abusive foster home where he was beaten and bashed on daily.

chenle was never loved until renjun came along, nor did he know how to love.

the thought actually scared him.

giving your entire heart, mind, and body to a single person who could easily damage all three of those things terrified chenle. how stupid could you possibly be!?

renjun always told chenle he loved him. they've been together for a while now, and it honestly hurt the elder a little bit each time he said those words because chenle would just never say it back. he would either hug him, kiss him, or just nod his head.

but the younger wanted to say it. hell, he wanted to shout it at the top of his lungs. he was just afraid of renjun leaving him, even when he knows he shouldn't be afraid of that at all. chenle was a very hard person to get to, that even renjun hasn't completely gotten to him yet.

but if renjun truly didn't love him, he would've stopped trying.

he would've been cut off everything with chenle because he absolutely did not want to be waiting around on just a random somebody to give him love in return.

except, chenle wasn't a 'random somebody'.

chenle was renjun's one and only.

doesn't matter how young they were.

the two just shared that connection with each other that nobody else was able to have with them.

chenle sighed quietly and lightly nuzzled his head further into renjun's neck, his small hands tightening on the older's.

he felt renjun loosen one of his hands and begin to play with his hair softly, causing chenle to timidly look up at him.

the older smiled, pressing a soft kiss on the boy's lips before bringing him into another full-on hug. chenle snaked his arms around renjun's neck, also placing a kiss onto his lover's nose before digging his head into his chest.

everything was silent for a moment, the only thing audible being the couple's gentle breathing. it was normal for them; the quiet.

but renjun surely didn't expect chenle to say a certain something out of the blue.

"i love you."

the younger sat up on top of renjun's lap, just looking down and feeling this huge weight lift off of his chest.

the older gently smiled at chenle, hugging him tight and running his hands along his boyfriend's back.

"you don't have to be afraid, chenle. i will always be by your side. i will always be right here. i won't leave you; ever." renjun whispered sweetly, making the younger whimper quietly.

finally, he had said it.

and finally, he actually felt like he meant it.

"i love you too, lele."

and chenle couldn't help but crack a smile when he heard renjun's melodic voice.

・゜゜・.

you're appreciated. you're loved. and remember, you're never alone.

— áltura