δεκαοχτώ

「 time check; 23:43 」 「 ship; jaeyong 」

「 ship; jaeyong 」

jaehyun was finally home after almost half a year in america.

almost half a year without seeing his boyfriend.

they called each other every day, though of course it wasn't the same as seeing their face in real life.

taeyong had always been a very anxious person. and jaehyun knew his anxiety spiked up unhealthily high whenever he had to take long trips like this to foreign countries.

fortunately for him, this was the last long distance trip he'd be making for good.

by the time the male was back into seoul after the long plane ride, it was almost three in the morning.

taeyong wasn't one to be out in public at such a time; he rarely left his own home without jaehyun by him. but that certainly didn't stop him keeping himself awake until he saw the man he hadn't seen for months walk through their door in real flesh and blood.

jaehyun had been feeling guilty for all those months. when they facetimed, taeyong was always crying in literal despair. drunkenly mumbling and muttering about how much he missed him, how he felt so lonely without him, but also that he trusted him and would always love him no matter how much suffering he put him through.

the younger got out of the taxi that dropped him off right in front of his house. jaehyun was feeling the best and the worst feelings he had ever experienced together at the same time.

happiness and bliss because he would be able to see taeyong after what felt like an eternity. yet, anxiety and culpability for having to leave him.

jaehyun's breathing turned shallow and ragged as he slipped his keys into the door he hadn't seen in so long. the door creaked with every movement he made, and eventually he was inside.

he was finally, back home.

"taeyong?" jaehyun called out. the shorter male was in the middle of getting some type of granola bar he had in his cabinet to snack on when he heard his lover's voice.

the elder slowly walked out of the kitchen and into the living room, where he saw jaehyun standing. tears welled up in his eyes as he dropped the granola bar and ran to jaehyun.

he jumped into his strong arms, feeling all the warmth and fuzziness he hadn't felt in such a long time.

jaehyun embraced his boyfriend with everything he had inside him.

taeyong was incredibly thin, dressed in just a plain white cotton t-shirt and grey sweatpants. he seemed so drained of energy, his face was so pale and he didn't look anywhere near happy nor healthy. jaehyun told him every night to take care of himself, to which taeyong always said he did, but it didn't look like it at all.

"i-i missed you s-so m-much..." the shorter sobbed, tightening his hold on his lover. jaehyun ended up sitting down on the floor, cradling taeyong in his arms and allowing him to release all his feelings.

"i missed you too, love. i missed you more than you could ever imagine." jaehyun whispered, wiping his boyfriend's tears off his face. taeyong couldn't help but smile softly, bringing his lover into a sweet, long awaited kiss.

jaehyun's hands slid to down to taeyong's hips, holding him close and in place from the beginning to the end of the lip-locking. the younger hugged his boyfriend once again to calm his erratic breathing, probably because of the pent-up anxiety he was experiencing at the moment.

"remember what i told you; hold my hand whenever you feel scared, baby." jaehyun cooed. it was an agreement they made ever since they got together. if taeyong ever feels any type of negative emotion, he would just hold jaehyun's hand for comfort. they always, always did that.

the shorter immediately interlaced both his hands with jaehyun's, nuzzling into the side of neck with a small sigh. the taller frowned, why was his boyfriend feeling upset right now?

"what's wrong?" jaehyun questioned silently, placing soft kisses into taeyong's hair.

"i-i'm scared that if i let go of you, you'll leave me, again." the elder quivered, a shaky breath escaping his lips. jaehyun frowned even deeper, letting taeyong's hands go just to hug and kiss him once more.

"i won't ever, ever, leave you, taeyong. you are way too important for me to do such a thing. you are my number one priority, and you always will be until my death date." the taller told assuringly.

his sweet words made taeyong's heart melt. there were many reasons why he loved the man that was holding him, but one of the main ones was because he made him feel like he mattered.

and there was nothing more powerful than that for him.

"i love you, jaehyun."

the younger tenderly kissed his lover's lips before standing up and carrying him up to their room. both were extremely tired, they just wanted to rest.

"i love you too, taeyong. now let's get some sleep."

・゜゜・.

you're appreciated. you're loved. and remember, you're never alone.

— áltura