δεκαπέντε

「 time check; 02:22 」 「 ship; markhyuck 」

「 ship; markhyuck 」

"this store looks cool." mark said happily, his arm linked with donghyuck's.

the couple were at a mall, inside a shoe store. you know mark, he wanted to go with his boyfriend so he could get some new shoes. the two walked in, separating when donghyuck saw mark's eyes drift onto the different styles of shoes. he giggled, and also wandered around the place.

the younger was off to side scrolling through his phone, when he felt arms wrap around his lower hips. the boy assumed it was mark, so he laughed quietly as the person behind rubbed on his hips. donghyuck continued scrolling through his phone, when he saw someone stand right in front of him.

"who the fuck is this and why is he holding you like that?" mark asked angrily.

"wait. mark?" donghyuck asked in complete confusion. the shorter looked down at the arms that were wrapped around him, and turned around quickly. he was met with an employee at the store, who was at most six feet tall. he wore brown fluffly hair and brown eyes. his name tag read 'yukhei', and was smirking down at donghyuck. he immediately backed away from him after realizing it wasn't his actual boyfriend.

"what the fuck is your problem?" the younger asked yukhei with a glare. he felt mark retract his body and press him against himself, as he wrapped his arms around the boy's waist. "well, you don't leave a beautiful boy alone while you go off like some douche buying shoes." yukhei rudely told mark.

donghyuck saw his lover turn a steaming red in the face.

"you seriously have some damn nerve. get the fuck out of me and my boyfriend's face." the shorter retorted, in an effort to stop the situation before mark had a chance to do anything.

but of course, he was too late.

right after he finished his sentence, mark moved donghyuck away from him and shoved yukhei roughly, making him fall backwards.

this was mark lee. he was affectionate, sweet, caring, and wouldn't hurt a fly.

unless you get him jealous or angry.

because then he will murder you.

"mark stop!" the younger called out. everyone in the store had their eyes on the three of them, and no matter how much he yelled at mark to stop, he wasn't listening. he went straight for yukhei, punching him in his face.

quickly, the entire thing turned into a full blown fight. donghyuck went in to try and stop his boyfriend from hitting yukhei so violently; he couldn't just stand there. mark knew donghyuck despised it when he acted this way, and now it was getting to be too much. the shorter grabbed one of mark's arms and out of his rage, ended up punching him on the side of his face, causing him to fall backwards and onto the ground.

people watching gasped, and donghyuck felt a shooting pain go through his head.

"look at what the fuck you did, asshole!" yukhei yelled, pointing over to donghyuck. mark realized what he did, and stopped everything he was doing in a heartbeat.

"oh my god, donghyuck. i'm so sorry." he said quietly, breaking the silence and putting his arm out to help him up. the action made donghyuck flinch, and mark backed up as his lover slowly got up.

"i-i-i wasn't going to hit you-"

"get away from me." donghyuck mumbled before mark could finish his sentence. he felt dizzy, but still got up and started walking away and out the store. mark tried to follow and get to him until security grabbed both him and yukhei. donghyuck continued to walk, in just tears and shock of what just happened.

the boy went to the bathroom, shut himself in a stall, and cried silently.

he hated, resented it, when mark became violent.

he knew it was because the older only wanted to protect the things he loves, but him being the way he was just now was one the few things donghyuck couldn't stand about his boyfriend.

after about twenty minutes of just sitting in the bathroom and sulking in the stall, the boy went to wash his hands.

he checked his reflection, and frowned when he saw a purple colored bruise forming on the side of his face and slightly around his eye.

so mark hit him that hard, huh?

the boy rushed out of the bathroom and just decided to walk home instead of finding his boyfriend to take him home.

the sunset was dying down by the time donghyuck left the mall. he was going to admit the way home was long, but he was in no mood to get in a car with mark at the moment.

after a while, the boy was about a little bit more than halfway there when a car honked at him. he turned around and sure enough, mark was right in the driver's seat. donghyuck sighed, and looked away as he continued walking home.

mark parked his car right beside his lover and got out the car to stop from him from walking. ignoring him, the younger kept trying to go the other way, but unfortunately mark was just faster than him.

"let me drive you home." mark told quietly. donghyuck sniffled, and just kept trying to get out of his way without making any eye contact with the taller.

"stop fighting, and just listen to me." mark said, getting ahold of the latter's waist, stopping him from moving completely. he noticed the bruise on the side of donghyuck's face, and his eyes showed nothing but heartbreak.

"donghyuck, you know and you know damn well i wouldn't ever, ever do something like this to you on purpose." he told the said boy, staring him right in his eyes. donghyuck didn't say anything, and just let out silent tears. mark sighed deeply and pressed his hand lightly against the shorter's bruise, making him wince.

the older's face said it all.

he seemed really regretful for what he did. his words made donghyuck feel better, and as much as he hated when he was violent, the boy hated it more when mark was this sad and upset.

"i'm really, really sorry baby. this was all my fault, i shouldn't have lashed out on that guy like that. you just- you just don't know how much it kills me to see you around with another guy, let alone him hugging you that way." he told, with clear sadness in his voice.

mark looked at donghyuck and wiped his tears. in return, the younger wrapped his arms around his boyfriend's neck and hugged him. mark hugged his baby's waist tightly, lifting him off the ground slightly.

he carried donghyuck inside his car, and kissed the side of his head as softly as ever. the couple finally drove home, and mark just showered his lover with more sweet, chaste kisses all over his face and neck.

the older ended up rocking donghyuck to sleep, with his arms plastered on the shorter's body the entire time.

・゜゜・.

you're appreciated. you're loved. and remember, you're never alone.

— áltura