1

Author's note: hi all!! i will be making a few updates to this book and hopefully try and finish it AHH. i can't promise much, but thank you all for the reads so far! only a couple of names will be swapped and some dialogue, i hope you will all be able to get used to it. thank you 🌟

-

Shit. Not only the first, but second time I spilt coffee over my wedding plans.
It's been 4 months since my engagement and I'm in a complete state. You may think yeah everyone gets in a state, but this is a WHOLE new state I have never experienced. Here is my current situation.

Wedding dress...no. Venue...no. Guest list...no. And so on and so forth.
I sighed and looked over at the clock that hung on the wall, the minutes ticking by slowly. The coffee by this point dripping down the side of the table and plopping onto the wooden floor.

"Oh Astra, how did you manage to do that?!" My mum scoffed, grabbing a damp cloth, and soaking up the liquid "I really wish you would stop stressing like this!"

"I know, but Alex made the engagement so special, so I want to at least make an effort to try and make the wedding just as amazing"

Alex has been my best friend since university, but never did I think 4 years later I would be marrying him.

"Look, honey, maybe you should go home. I personally think you have done enough today. Get some rest and we can carry on tomorrow...okay? My mum said as she gently squeezed my shoulder and kissed the top of my head.

"Okay, fine, but I will be back here the same time tomorrow!" I sighed, grabbing my plaid long line coat off the stool.

I shut the door behind me and stepped into the fresh September air. I wrapped my scarf tighter around my neck as the wind blew against my face. New York's time square was heaving with people walking to and fro, large billboards flashing the latest updates on Spotify and many people shouting for taxis. A buzz sounded from my pocket. Reaching into the pocket I pulled out my phone, the screen lighting up with Alex's number.

"Hey!"

"Hey Astra, I just wanted to let you know that my sister is visiting New York next week. She really would love for someone to show her around...would you be able to?"

"Ohhh that's great, it's been so long! And definitely, I'd be happy to...what day will she- "

My face slapped against a chest, the phone falling and making a cracking sound as it hit against the pavement. Oh god! I rubbed the side of my cheek, wincing in pain as my eyes slowly averted upwards, trying to focus on the person in front of me.

"I am so so sorry I- "
As my vision came back to focus I paused. My breath getting caught in my throat as I realised the person who was looking down at me

"Jungkook" The name naturally fell off my lips, as smooth as butter (you get the reference eheh).

The far distant voice slowly bringing me back out my daze as I looked down at the phone still on screen. I reached down, bringing the phone up to my ear, eyes still locked with his and whispered a slow "I'll call you back." My finger immediately pressed the hang up button.

I was still staring at Jungkook intently, his stare had me caught somehow.

"If you want it to last longer just take a picture" Jungkook spoke first, the sentence coming out in an arrogant tone.

A sudden rush of hotness rose up my cheeks, creating a blush. Yeah, he's still hot.

I sighed with a playfulness "you haven't changed one bit have you?". My nose scrunched as his lips curved upwards.

"I guess you could say that" he smirked "i don't know whether you wanted to but do you fancy grabbing a coffee, I'm freezing"

-

"So, what's happening with you recently?" He asked, blowing on the cappuccino sat on the table. We were sat opposite each other in a local small business coffee shop.

"Oh really good actually, my sister has two kids now and my mum is better than ever!" I said, as Jungkook raised his eyebrow "what?"

"I mean congratulations to your sister but the last time I checked you weren't getting along with your mum?"

"Argh you are so stubborn, we haven't spoken in 4 years" I replied cheekily, rolling my eyes.

"That long?!" He said smirking.

I whacked his arm, as he playfully winced before we both ended up in fits of laughter.

Jungkook. Description of him...he was probably carved by angels. His eyes were a mesmerising, chocolate brown, that complimented with his charcoal black hair colour. He had one of those smiles that could go from cute to dangerous within a span of 2 second. His lips were a cherry red, and a small mole sat beneath them. His personality was honestly one of the best things, with a captivating and infectious laugh that made you want to be surrounded in his presence all the time.

After a while I realised I was staring again and my eyes flickered up to his.

"You're staring again!" Jungkook sang happily before taking a big gulp of the cappuccino, now that it had cooled down.

"Oh shut up"

"No"

"I hate you..."

"No you don't!"

"Yes I do"

"No you don't!"

"Yes I do!"

"No- "

"Ugh god I just got deja vu from university stop it!" I sighed, my hand planting onto my forehead as Jungkook chuckled and glanced at his watch,

"I've got to get going, but we should meet up again?"

"Yes yes of course, when are you next free?" I queried, eagerness and the feeling of happiness suddenly engulfing me.

"Oh keen are we?" He teased, making me roll my eyes once again" if you keep doing that, they'll stay like that"

"And??...come on, let me walk you out"

The ring of the coffee shop bell greeted us goodbye as my boots clacked against the pavement, once again surrounded in the frosty air. A shiver ran up my spine as a gust of wind sped past us both.

"Phone?" asked Jungkook tilting his head to one side, as he reached for my hands.

I slowly passed him the phone. He started grinning as he typed on the screen, then passed it back.

"Hottest guy to exist?" I read "You got be kidding me?" I said looking at Jungkook as he stood grinning from ear to ear.

"Yep!" He replied, as I sighed returning my phone back into the safety of my pocket "I missed this...it's so good to see you again Astra"

"I missed this too, also thank you for the coffee" I said, lifting the takeaway cup up and smiling.

"I'll see you soon, take care okay?" He said leaning over and leaving a gentle kiss on my left cheek. He pulled away, the feeling of his lips still imprinted.

He turned and walked off down the street, shortly before turning the corner and waving slightly. Standing there feeling empty all of a sudden I truly realised why it had been so hard for me to let him go all those years ago. I really must tell him I'm engaged. I'll leave that for next time.