8

Two and a half months until wedding and a week before Christmas. It had been a couple of weeks since I had last seen Jungkook, the reminder of the kiss still constantly playing on my mind. Work had got even busier with the holiday season upon us all, and my stress levels once again had risen by about 10%. I had finally moved back in with Alex, the tensions between me and him seemed gone for now. The invitations for the wedding were in full swing, ready for the wedding in February and my dress appointment was in a couple of weeks time.

"Astra, please stop staring into space" said Rita sitting opposite me at the table, as she was writing a Christmas card to her family.

"I'm not" I said, pulling the list of wedding invitations out from the drawer beside me.

"Yes you are! Look, smooth things over with Sophie and try focus on Alex okay?"

She handed me my phone, the screen showing Sophie's number on the screen.

"Ring or give her a text" she smiled sincerely at me, as I took it from her hand.

I typed a quick message:

Hey Sophie, I'm sorry about what happened, can we meet at Central Park later?

I pressed send.

"I still can't believe Jungkook kissed you" she shook her head smiling "did that kiss really mean nothing" 

I groaned in annoyance "I should've just told him then and there"

"Astra, aren't you worried one tiny bit that Alex will find out somehow about this whole thing?"

"I think about it all the time, it's unhealthy" I looked through the list of names, pausing at one.

Wait. Jungkook? Invitation to the wedding? I grabbed the envelopes off the side near the kitchen, quickly looking through them. No Jungkook? Where was it?

"What's wrong?" Rita looked over worryingly as panic took over my body.

"Jungkook got written down as a wedding invitation, I can't find his letter"

"WHAT" Rita shouted as she stood up to help me.

Just as we made our way through the invites a key turned in the lock and Alex walked through "you okay?" He asked

"Jungkook is on the wedding invites? Has his letter been sent off already?" I asked.

"Oh yeah, Sophie just posted them now! Did you not write his name on the list?"

A hot flush came over my body as I realised Sophie must have "don't worry, yes I did, sorry just checking who's had been sent off"

Rita gave me a knowingly glare "anyways didn't you have to be somewhere?"

I glanced down at my phone, the screen lit up with a yes would love to, from Sophie.

"I'll be back" I pulled on a hoodie before kissing Alex goodbye and running down the steps.

My phone buzzed as Rita's number appeared on the screen.

"Sophie must have that invite, just go find her" she whispered down the phone,

"I will, don't worry"

I ran down the streets of New York before reaching Central Park. Sophie sat on a bench near the lake, her coffee cup in one hand and phone in the other. She spotted me straight away, her face smirking a little.

"Where's the invite" I said as I approached her, her hands playing with the strands of her hair.

"With the person who should know the truth" she smiled, before pointing towards the other side of the park.

I turned around slowly, my boots shuffling slightly against the leaves and cobbled path. I shut my eyes before opening them once again and seeing Jungkook staring at me with loss for words. This was the heartbreak I didn't want to cause.