30

Authors note: 'Still with you' stuck in my head right about now. Anyone else?
-

A week to go. A week until I got on a flight to leave Seoul. It felt bittersweet that it was getting close to the date where I would be leaving the place that I had grown so fond of. I swivelled round on my chair now, facing the desk where I was now printing off my boarding ticket, sighing as the old printer took its time to produce the finished product. A knock came from the study door as Bronte peered through the gap between the door, a small smile playing on her lips.

"Astra..." she whispered as I turned to look over my shoulder again "you missed a call and email from work..."

I groaned before standing up and leaving the room, the printer still taking the time it needed. Shutting the door behind me I followed her through to the kitchen before opening up my laptop, the email flashing up on the screen.

Please get this finished before you leave...

I clicked on the file attached, mentally wanting to cry as I wrote down what was needed. Bronte pushed over the plate of breakfast toast as I checked my bag besides me, camera check, notepad check. I shoved the toast into my mouth, mumbling a quick 'thanks' before heading out the door. The printer still printing far off my mind.

I ran towards the subway station jumping on the next train available to the destination I needed to get to. It was this one journey that I started to appreciate where I was, taking in the people around me, the way they lead their own lives. The subway came to a stop before I squeezed in between the various people, making my way up to the streets again. My feet hit against the pavements, as I ran towards the Korean BBQ shop. Yes, I was meant to be working but I had time to make a D tour. I pushed my body through into the air conditioned air, the sound of the familiar bell ringing in my ears. It was quiet today, only a few people dotted around the open space. My eyes caught with Kim Min Jae's, as he looked over, cloth in hand halfway through wiping down the tables.

"Hi" I whispered, approaching him now, hands tucked into my back jean pockets "have you got time free?"

He looked over at the watch briefly, the time hitting just after 12:00pm. He turned back towards me, untieing the apron behind his back and replying a quick "sure"

He held open the door for me as we made were embraced by the heated air. It was late July now, with streets hugely busy. I embraced the familiarity of Korea, content with how comfortable I had become in a city I hadn't seen for years. I looked up at Kim Min Jae, his smile appearing ever so slightly but with a hint of concern, it was obvious. We made it to the park, where the sun was beaming down on the mini lakes creating a shimmering effect against peoples faces. The smell of freshly cut grass made my nose itch, my nose scrunching making him giggle, before we placed ourselves down, sitting cross legged. He reached into his bag, pulling out the lunch from the BBQ shop, my face lighting up as the smell of chicken hit my nose.

"Here" he handed me the chopsticks "enjoy"

"Thank you" I mumbled, as we both dug into the food, our happiness and satisfaction sounding as we chewed every bite.

"So..." he coughed, clearing his throat "you wanted to talk to me obviously, but what about?"

I stared now at the purple iris flowers sat in a flower bed, their petals moving in the slight breeze.

"I'm leaving Seoul in a week..." I breathed, avoiding eye contact with him "my mama had a scare, she's in hospital where they are closely monitoring her"