28

Authors note: You're probably all going to get annoyed with me for consistently doing Rita POVs, but I think it's important to see how she is dealing with Astra leaving and how New York life for her has changed. Anyways I hope you're all enjoying the storyline!!
-

A bad dream. Again. I jolted in my sleep before gasping for air as Bronte's hand reached to soothe me. She looked at me in panic as I sat up in bed, hair out everywhere as she handed me a glass of water. I downed the drink in a matter of seconds before handing it back over to her.

"Astra, you sure you're okay?" She asked

I wiped away the tears under my eyes and sniffed "yeah, yeah I'm fine" I kept promising Bronte I was all week, now I wasn't so sure.

I pulled myself out of bed, drawing open the blinds in my room and shrugging a jumper over my head "I'm going to make a coffee, want one?" I asked

"It's 6am" Bronte laughed, looking at me whether to see if I was actually serious,

"And?" I shrugged before making my way out the room "so that's a yes then?" I paused by the doorway looking back at her as she sat on my bed still.

"It's a yes" she smiled "last time, you're okay right?"

"Yes...I'm fine"

I skipped down the stairs quietly before flicking on the coffee machine, watching the liquid drip into the mug. The sounds and smell filling the room, making my stomach grumble. I took a quick glance at my phone checking my work inbox. It had been weeks since I had received any work to complete. I was climbing the walls, desperate for some project to put my mind to. I refreshed the inbox, an email now appearing at the top. Topic: project for Astra Kim.

"FINALLY" I squealed as I clicked on the email, presenting me with a list of tasks, smiling as I read through them

"Happy?" Bronte asked as she yawned, opening the fridge door

"I got work" I grinned as she rolled her eyes, never understanding how I could miss work "something to keep me occupied put it that way"

"And your writing?" She raised her eyebrows as she frothed the milk with a frother

"How did you know about my writing?" I asked, almost offended that she knew about what I had discussed with Min Jae.

"You left a few drafts lying around with rough notes...romantic novel I see" she admitted, now pouring the milk into the mugs "I didn't mean to snoop in your own private things but what I read I loved"

"It needs work" I scrunched my nose as I reached for the other mug giving it a stir "I don't plan on doing anything with it though"

"Rethink that through, you have a passion... I can tell"

"Mhm"  I replied, now focusing my attention on the coffee sat in a mug on the table.

"Also, I didn't want to bring this up but now feels like the right time" Bronte said sitting opposite me "dad really wants to see you, know how you are"

"Really?" I said, shock hitting me "why now? I've been here for 4 months"

"I just felt like it's the right time, I didn't want to force the idea on you as soon as you landed you know? And it's been 18 years Astra..." she trailed off as I looked her up and down.

"Can I think about it?" I questioned.

"Just one lunch, that's all he's asking for" she said pleadingly,

"Fine, but that's it. Promise me?"

"Promise" she said smiling as her pinky finger intertwined with mine.