2

You know that feeling of pure happiness? Yes, that feeling is engulfing me fully. A serotonin boost. After leaving the street outside the coffee shop, I seemed to be smiling like a Cheshire Cat. It was bad to the point where even whilst cooking I seemed to be grinning into the food.

"I'm home!" Alex shouted from the apartment door as I heard the keys being thrown onto the side table "you look surprisingly happy?"

I looked over at him guiltily before replying "I guess I am" I quickly then focused my attention back towards the steak I was carving into the plates.

"How did the wedding plans go today?" He asked "did you manage to organise anything else?"

"Oh well, no, not exactly, funny enough I spilt my coffee over the wedding plans" I replied wincing as I watched his face react,

"You're so clumsy you know that?" he questioned whilst laughing "and walking into random people? I don't know how people put up with you!" He smirked,

"HEYYYY" I whined, flicking sauce onto his shirt

"I'm kidding!!" He laughed, throwing his hands up as he backed out the room "also the food is burning"

"OHH GOD!" I yelped as his laughs carried down through the apartment.

-

Three months until the wedding. Guests, check. Venues, dress, hair? Still in the working. Hours of sleep. Barely 3, as I was wide awake thinking about Jungkook. During dinner, the previous night, I hardly spoke as I was debating whether to tell Alex about who I really bumped into. I averted my gaze to the clock, realising the time. I pulled my hoodie over my head, stuffed my plans into my tote bag and grabbed my coffee flask off the table.

I walked into my office on the 7th floor and pulled open my laptop. About 10 minutes, before a notification pinged onto my phone screen. I peered over to read a message from Jungkook, good to see you again Astra, we should meet up soon!

I smiled as I took a sip of my coffee reading the message twice over before debating on a reply. The creaking sound of my door jolted me from my bubble.

"Ooo Someone looks happy!" Said Rita, my colleague and best friend.

Rita. She was a burst of energy, always knew how to party and had been close to me since day dot of  university. She has the fairest of skin and deep ocean blue coloured eyes. Dark, straight hair sits round her oval face and falls just below her shoulders.

"You startled me" I said, as she slammed down a pile of files and leaned over the desk. She peered at my screen before grabbing the phone from my hands.

"Jungkook?" She raised her eyebrows "wait...NO!! UNIVERSITY JUNGKOOK?" Her eyes got wider as the realisation kicked in "He's back in New York???"

"I guess so, did Jimin not know?"

Rita shrugged her shoulders, before focusing her attention on her new set of nails. Jimin and Rita were siblings, same mother, different father. Their relationship was complicated...talking some days, most days not. Jimin was a couple of years or so older than us, and developed a close relationship with Jungkook in university. Along with a few others. That was before Jungkook left for Seoul, South Korea.

"So how did you get back in touch again? I'm very lost here" Rita stated before taking a seat in the chair across the desk

"I ran into him yesterday, we stopped for a coffee"

"Oh wow!" She replied "like good all times huh"

I sighed "I guess...it was weird seeing him again though, you know?"

"Yeah I do, just be careful okay?" She smiled "but please tell me you will reply"

"I will" I gleamed as she stood up

"I'll text you for lunch break okay?"

"Sure" Rita nodded and shut the door behind her as I took one last glance at the text.

One text won't hurt. For sure, let me know when you're free. Astra

Kiss...no kiss? I stuck with a kiss, and pressed send.