13

HAPPY HOBI MONTH !!! 🌟

-
One package of cheetos, one tub of ice cream, one bar of chocolate? I paused. Make that two bars of chocolate. I chucked the bar into my shopping basket.
I stood waiting in the queue to pay for my shopping as  my eyes laid on the Valentine's Day area of the supermarket. Pink hearts and cards with lovey dovey messages glazing away, as if they were expecting me to be the next buyer. I scoffed before heaving my basket onto the conveyor belt, and being served next. With shopping bags in my hands and the receipt currently hanging from my mouth I made my way down towards the subway.

Stepping onto the subway, I moved myself to the corner seat before checking the receipt. Overcharged. Great. Sighing I stuffed the receipt into my jean pocket before my eyes took a second glance over at the other side of the train. Alex. He was sat with headphones in, looking down at his phone, his eyebrows furrowed in concentration. That trait about him always made me laugh, his adorable side taking over. I smiled before averting my gaze, thinking about how I would get up and off the subway without tripping over someone on the way out.

The doors slid open as I stood up, racing towards the doors whilst ensuring my feet stayed clear of any obstacles. Just as I stepped out the subway and made my way not even a metre away from it, my bags spilt open, the contents slamming against the floor. I groaned before attempting to pick up the contents and hold them all in my arms. I reached to grab for the Cheetos before a hand picked them up for me.

"Thank you...those flimsy bags are awful..." my words got stuck in my throat as my eyes connected with Alex's once again, his hand in mid passing to hand me the Cheetos.

"Astra..." he spoke, quickly shoving the packet in my direction before shoving his hands into his coat pocket "it's been a while"

"Um yeah it has" I gathered my words together, all stumbling out at once in a quick manner. I hugged the packet closer to my chest before tipping my head slightly "thanks"

I turned away, my feet carrying me in the direction of the steps to get back up to higher ground.

"Astra" his voice stopped me in my tracks, my trainers creasing as I turned around to look at him.

"Yes?"

"You look really good" he smiled, as I scrunched my nose, the sudden compliment making me feel shy.

"Thank you, I can say the same to you" I said, before waving slightly and making my way up the steps.
-

"Good morning lovely lady" Rita harped as she walked into my office balancing two takeaway coffees and a packet in her hands "absolutely freezing out there" she took off her winter hat shoving it into her pocket.

"Mmm" I replied, proceeding to look at my laptop screen, focused on the images that were going to be used to advertise the new Chanel perfume.

"What's up with you?" she said placing the coffees and packets onto the table and unwrapping the scarf from around her neck.

"Nothing" I smiled "thank you" I nodded at the coffee before taking a sip, the liquid warming up my throat.

"Tell me" she placed herself down staring intently at me as I tried to avoid her gaze "Astra..."

"I saw Alex okay, and I don't know how to feel about it" I shrugged crossing my arms and leaning back into the chair

"And this is a problem because?"

"Because I still have feelings for him Rita, and I know that sounds absolutely crazy but I do" I mumbled before shoving the coffee aside and staring back at the laptop screen.

"I'll leave you be" she tapped the desk before handing me the packet, the smell of a sweet Baklava hitting my nose "here, I know you love them"

"Thanks" I smiled weakly as she walked outside the office, shutting the door quietly behind her.