9

"Astra" he breathed as he walked closer to me, finally stopping to properly stare at me.

"I'm sorry" I looked down at the ground, looking at the invitation within his hands, gripped tightly "what do you mean sorry? It's true?"

I nodded my head sadly as he threw the card on the ground "I really thought I could trust you, you know that?"

"Why was it so hard to tell me? What were you afraid of?"

"Losing you" I whispered, not loud enough for him to hear.

"I just don't really understand"

"So that's it? You can't forgive me?" I managed to reply, the words getting caught in my throat.

"I don't know..." he mumbled before walking away and leaving me.

Again. Like all those years ago.

-

"I want to call off the wedding" I bluntly said as I stepped back into the apartment

"What?" Alex looked at me confused as he dropped the remote in his hand.

"For now, at least"

"No Astra, why? For what reason?" He grabbed hold of my hands as tears started to run down my face.

Working out whether it was the pain of hurting Jungkook or the lying that had taken a toll, I wasn't really sure.

"If it was to do with my sister, that can be dealt with" he managed to speak out loud

"It's not that...I lied Alex" I wept as he continued to look at me still with concern "and it's making me feel worse that you're concerned about me!"

He let go of my hand "why?"

"I kissed Jungkook, Alex" I really was bawling tears this time, endless amounts

"What?" He breathed as he sat back onto the couch, his face doing a pale white,

"It's unfair, I can't carry this..." I motioned between us both "on"

"I think you should go" he mumbled, emptiness in his eyes for the first time ever.

"I really am sorry" I touched his hand lightly, making him flinch away.

"Just go, please" he mumbled before I nodded and left the apartment.

-

It was Christmas Day, yet it didn't feel like it at all. My alarm woke me up at 7am. I pulled on a pair of sports leggings, a hoodie, trainers and grabbed my headphones on the side. I wrote a quick note for my mum, leaving it on the side before shutting the door quietly and jogging at a steady pace down the road. The air was frosty, and snow was piled up all around the neighbourhood. My feet crunched along the snow before I finally reached a local park. It was deserted as I sat on the bench, hearing just the morning sounds of birds, faint cars, and seeing the occasional dog walkers. I pulled my phone out my pocket, a message notification sat on my Lock Screen.

Please come for Christmas dinner this evening, 7pm! Hoseok :)

I smiled ever so slightly, the first smile in a couple of days. The likelihood of Jungkook being there was very high, but what did I have to lose. I quickly typed a response before shoving my phone back within the safety of my pocket and jogging back the direction I came.