23

Authors note: decided to keep the song...so anyways, before reading this swipe right and click the video. listen whilst reading, only if you can, otherwise listen before or after reading this chapter. i just feel like this song is really fitting to both Astra and Jungkook and the kind of relationship those two have. thank you and enjoy! <3
-

I pulled my suitcase, bags and myself through the door, my suitcase hitting the sides of the door frames as I rolled my eyes. I looked up at the early evening New York City sky, the sun starting to go down. I placed my sunglasses over my eyes and shivered into my oversize denim jacket. I pulled my suitcase down the steps, one by one, a thud following after every one.

"Ready?" My mum said as the taxi driver opened up the boot of the taxi, assisting to help me shove my suitcase and bags in.

"Mhm" I mumbled, stepping into the car and sighing heavily as I watched pedestrians walk up and down the road where my apartment lay on.

"And you've said your goodbyes?" She asked, raising her eyebrows.

I decided not to answer this. I leaned my head against the window looking out at Central Park as we drove past. The thought of Jungkook and I arguing sending a shiver up my spine. I didn't want to talk to him, face to face, anyways. He would hate me for just up and leaving, however, it made the pain less. Numbed it almost. A small ray of light hit my face ever so slightly as a tear fell down my cheek, my reflexes automatically wiping it away. My phone screen lit up as Jungkook's number appeared on the screen. He was calling. I pressed, send to voicemail, and shoved my phone back into my jacket pocket.

"Are you not going to answer?" My mum asked as I looked over at her, my eyes stingy due to the amount of crying I had done in the last few weeks.

I shook my head and held my breath stopping me from bursting out into an uncontrollable mess once again. It was for the best, and Jungkook knew that.

-

Rita POV:

I held the letter within my hands, handing it over to Namjoon who stood leaning against the door frame within his apartment "she wanted me to give this"

"For Jungkook?" He asked as I nodded.

"He's been inside for days, I'm not even kidding" he laughed, almost trying to cover up the pain that we all collectively felt for him.

"I mean I cried when she said goodbye yesterday" I admitted as he smiled, pulling me in for a hug "she will be back soon though, I'm sure of it" I pulled away as he nodded.

"Thanks for this...I'll give it to him" he said "did you want a drink?"

"Go on then" I gave in, as he grabbed a bottle of wine from the rack before shouting "JUNGKOOK LETTER FOR YOU"

"Did she manage to finish advertisements for the perfume" he then said turning to me.

"No, barely started. Really unlike her. I had to give Taehyung back the folders, she did find a studio though"

The sound of the bedroom door opening averted us from our conversation as Jungkook stumbled into the room. He avoided eye contact and grabbed a ready-ramen, adding hot water to it.

"Letter...for you" Namjoon said as placing it next to him, emphasising the fact he should read it.

Jungkook picked up the envelope, ripping it open. He read about halfway through before throwing it down on the side. I looked over at Namjoon as the door slammed, leaving both of us in confusion. Namjoon picked up the piece of paper and raised his eyebrows.

"Have you read this?"

"No what does it say" I got up off the chair before going round and reading it over Namjoon's shoulder.

Jungkook,
I can't even explain how hard it was to bring myself to write this letter. I love you, so badly but I can't say you didn't hurt me, because you did. I didn't get to tell you the reason I'm leaving for a few months. It's to see my father. You told me that he would be proud of me no matter what, and I want to see that for myself. Thank you for the past two years, and please whatever you do. Don't wait for me. And most importantly keep being yourself.
Astra.
-

"Last call for flights to Seoul, South Korea, please board your plane now"

I looked over at my mum teary eyed as she smiled at me, her small body wrapping around mine in a hug.

"Promise me you'll come back" she whispered in my ear "really soon, because I really will miss you"

"It's only a few months and I'll be back" I said slowly backing away holding her hands in mine.

"Call me everyday?" She smiled laughing a little at how pathetic she sounded "oh and..."

She reached into her bag "Merry Christmas, open on Christmas Day" she patted the little box and handed it over to me.

"Mama I'm gonna miss you so much, thank you" I hugged her tightly this time, not wanting to let go.

I let go of her, and took steps back. Still looking at my mum who had her arm wrapped around Phil now. This was real. I was really leaving. I took one last look at them, gave them a wave. I turned around, not looking back. I couldn't. It would make it that much harder. One last call came from Jungkook as I switched my phone to airplane mode. Bye New York City, see you soon.