5

The beeping sound of a digital clock alarm awoke me from my sleep. I rolled over before my face and body slammed the floor. My eyes slowly came back to focus as I looked around at the apartment of Rita's. The all white design giving me a slight headache.

"Morning" Rita giggled, as I looked up to see her sat on the couch, me sprawled out on the floor "also you've missed a whole load of calls from Alex"

"Oh god yeah" I jumped off the floor, grabbing my phone. Number of calls missed 15. Call coming through now. Yes.

"Alex?" I picked up the phone.

"Where are you? You don't realise how worried I have been!" he yelled down the phone.

"I'm at Rita's! Don't worry, I'm fine. I'll catch the subway back home in the next hour"

"My sister is arriving soon, please would you get back soon. The apartment is a state"

"I'll get back and clean...okay?"

"Bye, love you" he said before hanging up, as a I chucked the phone to the side.

"Let me guess, he doesn't know anything" Rita smirked as she walked over to the kitchen, and opened the fridge.

"No...is that a bad thing" I sighed as she started grabbing ingredients and placing them on the counter top.

"Astra I keep telling you, you got to be careful!" Rita began cutting up mushrooms and placing them in a frying pan.

"I don't know how to tell him, plus I've just got Jungkook back in my life"

"You're being selfish!" Rita gasped, as she placed the knife down, "you're soon to be a married woman"

"I know, I know!" I groaned my body falling back into the couch.

"You better know what you're doing because honestly I have no clue how this is all going to pan out" she sighed as the sound of the sizzling mushrooms put an end to the conversation.

-

Alex for once was right, the apartment was a state. I popped a couple of painkillers, in the hopes of getting rid of my headache, tied my hair back and started the how many hours of cleaning I had.

Alex's sister was a lovely person, but she just had this way of getting under your skin with one sentence. The sound of the door opening and the chatter of voices rang just as I put away the clean plates. I peered around the doorway as Alex's sister, Sophie held her arms open in a theatrical embrace.

"Hello, YOU" may I say she added an emphasis on that 'you'.

Her arms tightly gripped around my waist "hi" I managed to muster out.

"Wow haven't you changed since the last time we saw each other! You're all pretty now!" She patted my shoulder in a jokingly way as forced a fake smile "Mhm yes"

She laughed her way through into the open planned apartment as I rolled my eyes giving Alex a quick peck on the lips.

"It's only a few days" he chuckled "how was yesterday?"

"It was fine" I mumbled as he followed Sophie through until the apartment.

"So what are the dinner plans?" asked Sophie, sitting on the bar stool as I poured her a glass of wine.

"Homemade ramen" I smiled as she tutted in response "I really did fancy steak"

I really was losing the will to live.

"So" she began as Alex walked back into the room "have you heard that Jungkook is back in New York?"

I gulped my wine slowly, as she turned towards Alex, his face reacting in surprise "oh really?"

"Yes, I saw him the other day walking down the street. I stopped and we had coffee...really was such a shame you two never got along that well. He's such a lovely person" she commended as I bit my nail, waiting for Alex to say something. Anything.

"He always had a thing for you Astra, didn't he?" He turned towards me "I'd love to let him know that she's all mine" he wrapped his arm around my waist pulling me closer.

"You lucky thing" she sighed "everyone used to like him. Maybe I should shoot my shot"

Luke choked on his wine as my face fell slightly "seriously?"

"I have nothing to lose" she flipped her hair behind her before gulping down the last of her wine, as I looked the opposite direction.

"Whatever" Alex then replied "just as long as we don't get involved"

My heart felt like it was broken in two. I unlinked myself from his arms as he looked at me in confusion "you okay?" He asked, his hand touching the side of my arm.

"Exhausted. I don't want to ruin the night for you two, but Sophie we must talk more once I'm in a better mood" I smiled as she looked at me "just heat the ramen when you need it okay?" I kissed Alex's cheek before exiting the room.

It really did feel like complete betrayal. Yet at the same time, I had no reason to be mad. But why did it hurt so much?

-

"So, let me get this straight. Sophie, Alex's sister? Saw Jungkook, and now has a crush on him?" Rita said, as she bit into her croissant.

"And this is a problem because?" Let me add, Jin was sat beside her asking this question.

"Because..." I began,

"You've got the feels haven't you?" Said Rita, smiling cheekily, as I failed to produce a response.

"Is that such a bad thing she has the feels?" Jin queried.

"She's engaged" Rita whispered, as Jin gasped looking lost between us both.

"Rita can we stop spreading that information!" I groaned rubbing my temples

"But I thought?"

"It's this fake agreement!" I said "we made it over shopping"

"So Jungkook has no idea?"

"No, and I plan to keep it that way. He said two weeks, I'll give him two weeks and that's the end of it" I said

"Unless what if it's not?" Rita said, looking at me with sorrow "what if you are soulmates and it's inevitable you end up together?" Then what?"

Throughout all this, that thought had never crossed my mind.