35

Rita POV:
"Rita..."

My name was being called from afar, making me jolt out from the journal I had been so invested in. I tapped my phone screen that sat in darkness continuously, the time lighting up 19:45. Shit. The hour or so that I had promised myself to sit for had long gone. I could now smell the cooked steak that was making its way under the gap between the floor and door. A small knock sounded from the bedroom door, before it slowly opened, Jin's head peering around, his apron still tied around his body. I shoved and hid the journal under the blanket that sat beside me, my gaze never leaving his.

"Dinner is ready...you okay?" he asked, giving me a look up and down "you're not changed?"

"I got distracted" I managed to blurt out as I looked away and stood up from the bed "give me five minutes"

"I'll plate up"

He pulled the door towards him, the click of the lock sounding as I breathed out in relief. Pulling the journal out from under the blanket, I threw it into my tote bag, reminding myself to get back to it later. I felt guilty as though I had lied and kept a secret from Jin, but knowing his honest soul he would scold me for how I had gone about it. I shoved the thought aside, now thinking about Astra, knowing she would now definitely have returned home. I grabbed my phone, bringing up her number and typing out a small message.

Sorry about earlier, I was out of line. Hope you had a lovely time and I will sort out your files this evening for tomorrow morning. Rita x

I pressed send, watching the blue line zoom across the top, before pushing my thoughts aside. I changed short after before opening the door and heading towards the delicious smells travelling from the front room. I just prayed that my eagerness to indulge into Astra's journal hadn't ruined the dinner he had prepared for all evening.
-

My phone pinged and vibrated on the table next to me. Pushing my glasses further up the bridge of my nose, and opening the message for full view, I smiled guiltily. Rita. I did feel bad the way I had spoken to her, but in all honesty I wanted her to be happy for me. As much as her opinions mattered to me, I hated how she jumped to this conclusion that I was unable to have a relationship with a male that only led to friendship, because that's all it was. I 'tsked' under my breath before sending a reply, knowing that by tomorrow the disagreement would be long forgotten. Had it always been this way? The disagreement, the guilt and annoyance, and then the forgiveness? Yes. It always had been.
-

16/10/2017
9pm                                                

A strong smell of greasy, salivating fried chicken hit my two senses, smell and taste, making my stomach grumble in response. I followed the familiar hallway that I had taken a few weeks back, counting the doors hoping to land in the right studio. The dance studio. Yes you may wonder why on Earth I was heading back to what I liked to refer it as a 'Jungkook cocky magnet room', but do be quite frank, curiosity DID get the better of me. Was I nervous? Yes. But you wouldn't assume that though, with the way the rain pattered against the overhead glass windows, calming both my head and heart. If I counted correctly the room was directly to the right of me, a small light cracking it's way through the parting of the door and frame. My footsteps came to a halt, as I retrieved the phone from my pocket, using the reflection off the screen to check I looked presentable. A few strands with faint natural highlights curved around my oval face, the rain that was present on the ends, dripping onto the wooden floor. It was then that it hit me, what was I actually achieving? Just breathe, it'll be fine. It was ridiculous really the way I got worked up about the idea of coming face to face with him again. I couldn't put my finger on it...it definitely was NOT an admiration or need to impress him feeling, so what was it?