18

The trolley wheels squeaked as I failed to turn the corner, banging the whole trolley into a wooden crate that sat on the floor with furniture flat pack boxes sat on top. I was in Ikea, collecting my new pieces of furniture for the new apartment. Taehyung laughed as he assisted me to pull the trolley round, before taking the handles and controlling it himself.

"So...did you choose a wall colour for the apartment?" He asked as we made our way down aisle 6.

"Coastal plain green" I said, showing him a picture of the templates I had on my phone "subtle"

"Looks good...crazy it's your apartment" he stopped before checking our checklist and grabbing a flat pack box.

"Super crazy...I haven't ever lived on my own" I said as I helped him pull the box onto the trolley, both of us panting for air.

"Moving in party?" He hinted as my face broke into a grin,

"We will see, better know that I don't plan on getting drunk though"

"Just sensible drinks then" he cheekily replied as I rolled my eyes, both of us knowing that it would never turn out that way.

We loaded up the hired truck with the flat pack boxes and eventually came to a halt outside my apartment. It had been a couple of months since I had got the keys, and was finally now just moving on. The process seemed fairly long but the two months had flown by quite literally in a second. It was now late August, the weather was still fairly hot and humid, and the evenings still giving sunsets to die for. I stepped down out of the truck shoving my phone into my dungarees pocket. I heard the sound of Taehyung pulling open the door at the back of the truck and helped him as he started to pull out the boxes. Slowly we made our way up the steps before I unlocked the door, backing myself into the lobby room of the apartment building. We made our way up the 2 floors before we reached the door to my apartment, I cranked the key into the lock before turning and opening it up stepping into the blank canvas of a room. We heaved the box in before leaving it by the window and going back and forth with the other boxes. We eventually got them all in, before I served us a couple of glasses of cold lemonade.

I handed a glass to Taehyung as he gulped the full glass before focusing his attention on the instructions sat on the floor. I made my way through into the bedroom after checking Taehyung that was okay. I pulled my hair back from my face and grabbed the large paintbrush off the floor. I began making large strokes across the wall, the sudden buzz of my phone distracting me. I reached into my dungarees pockets as I pulled out the phone, taking a quick glance at the screen. Wait. A second glance. Alex. I clicked on the notification the message appearing fully now.

Alex: Can we meet?
-

My head was rushing with thoughts of what Alex could possible want to talk to me about as I sat waiting for his arrival in a small coffee shop. I couldn't think straight. The last time I had seen him was the quick occurrence of him at the subway. Yet, why was I so nervous? It was Alex. The person I had grown to adore and nearly marry almost 6 months ago. Every single ding of the bell made me whip my head around in the direction of the door. Probably giving myself a sense of whiplash by now. I breathed slowly, focusing back on the coffee mug sat on the table. Evidently, my hands shaking as I went to hold the mug in my hands. I suddenly felt someone sit opposite me, the sudden familiar smell that I had gotten so used to. I slowly looked up from the coffee mug, now focusing on him. Alex. He looked...well...good. He gave me a a full hearted smile, his eyes creasing in the corners as I just continued to look at him back. My heart sinking realising the pain I had caused to him, yet he still managed to smile at me.

"It's been a while" he breathed giving me a small look up and down, his coffee just arriving at the table.

I remained silent, continuing to just look at him. Words Astra, words.