10

The combination of red wine and hardly any sleep resulted in probably one of the worst headaches to ever exist. I groaned as I rolled over, to see the snippets of snow that could be seen from my bedroom window. Yawning I leaned further in my pillow, feeling for the star emblem that remained around my neck. Jungkook. It was weird, he seemed mad yet forgiving all in one. I shook my head out of my thoughts before stumbling through into the bathroom. Avoiding the mirror at all costs until  I had showered. I pulled on a sweater, jeans and a long Gillette coat before grabbing my phone off the side and heading down the stairs, whilst attempting to tie my hair back. Leaving a quick scribbled out note I left the house, and caught a taxi to Rita's apartment.

I banged out the door loudly, as she opened the door, her eyes a sore red and mascara smudged. A silky cocktail dress, clearly from the night before, still hugging around her body.

"Fun night?" I grimaced as she yawned, inviting myself in a dropping my bag and shoes at the door.

Minutes later I handed her an instant noodles, as she sat on the couch watching the news.

"So..." she began as she took slurped the noodles "how was last night?"

I told her everything. Down to every last detail. She sat on the edge of the couch reacting to every change in the story "so he's willing to forgive you then?" she asked as I sighed and leaned back into the couch shrugging.

"Astra, come on, this is so unlike you...what happened to the I need an answer now kind of person?"

"It's different Rita, it's Jungkook" I whined as she smiled slightly, feeling sadness at the frustration I felt.

"The next opportunity you have is to talk to him at Taehyung's birthday...that's in 5 days"

"I guess..." I exhaled,

"Have some spirit, he will come around!" She rubbed my arm as a small smile came to my face "fancy watching a movie with me, this hangover will be the death of me"

I tutted as she pouted "fine, I do tell you not drink so much"

"Oh come on, Astra where is the Greek in you!" Rita nudged me achieving a small giggle from me.

I finally made my way home just after 5pm, welcomed by the smell of kebabs and my mum humming to the local radio
"Hey" I said, as she smiled

"Fun last night?" She asked, before her eyes looked at the necklace around my neck "oh wow, Astra, that necklace is beautiful!"

"Jungkook actually..." I trailed off as she rose her eyebrow giving me a knowing look

"You sure he is just a friend?" She winked before I whacked her arm

"STOPPP" I whined before she chucked her head back in laughter

That night, full of kebabs, and a semi cleared mind I drifted off into a deep sleep.

-

It was New Year's Eve. The day of Taehyung's birthday party. A giant hall had been rented out for the occasion. I wiped away my forehead sweat before stapling the last of the bunting into the wooden material on the wall.

"Perfect!" Rita clapped her hands in approval as I stepped down the ladder, tilting my head to one side as I appreciated the work I had done "just the cake to pick up and that's it"