24

*DING*
I shoved my body through the door, the bell ringing making everyone turn and look in my direction.

Look down. Look down. Look down. Ah. What was it I needed again? Fried vegetable dumplings, stir fried kimchi rice, and beef soup udon to go. Fried vegetable dumplings, stir fried kimchi rice, and beef soup udon to go. Fried vegetable dumplings, stir fried-

"Next please!" I averted my gaze to infront of me.
Smiling I moved forwards towards the guy behind the cash register, an apron around his neck and tied around his petite waist.

"Fried vegetable dumplings, stir fried kimchi rice and...and..."
Bugger, oh what was it again?

"...a beef soup udon to go?" he raised his eyebrow smirking ever so slightly.

"How did you-"

"-you were talking to yourself" he scrunched his nose as I handed him 50₩.

I talk to myself. Where can I remember hearing that? The sound of the till closing brought me back to reality. I dreamingly looked up at the guy still stood in front of me, his hand reaching out passing me my change and a ticket number. Grabbing it, I moved to the side. There was something about him. The way he spoke, it reminded me of someone way too much. The familiarity made it feel weird in some way. Dazzlingly as he served the next customer I looked at each detail on him. The way his forehead was exposed as his hair messily fell, creating an intriguing side of him. His eyes, you could almost look at them for hours, their dark colour pulling you in. And his lips, a cherry red, which often turned upwards as he smiled and wished a customer away.

"Fried vegetable dumplings, stir fried kimchi rice, and a beef soup udon to go, order number 56"
I quickly snapped out my trance and ran over quickly grabbing the bag from his hands.

"Don't lose your way home" he winked.

"Bold of you to assume I would" I muttered.
I quickly picked up a few sauces and shoved them into the bag.

"You seem to forget most things" he shrugged leaning against the counter, his face resting on his hands "that's been proven in the first 5 minutes of me meeting you"

My phone pinged as I rolled my eyes shaking my head, as a smug smile appeared on his face.

Bronte: You better get your ass over here quick. Nearly time for the cake! x

I sighed and shoved my phone back into my coat pocket, mumbling a quick"I have to go"

"Enjoy" he smiled and turned to the next customer leaving me flustered for some reason, yet, I didn't know why.

Pushing open the door I quickly ran down the steps of the Korean BBQ restaurant that sat on a quiet street in the bustling city of Seoul. Seoul. Yes Seoul. I WAS IN SEOUL. A few months had passed of me living in Seoul, and it was now approaching the end of February. The last time I left you was back at the airport, leaving my mum after she handed me a small gift. A matching jewellery set. Earrings and necklace, both of the pendants on them holding a special place in my heart.

The February weather include snow starting to cover the entirety of the streets, thick blankets of it. The cold air made me pull my hat more over my head and wrap my scarf tighter around my neck, my feet ever so slightly slipping with every step I seemed to take. You think by now I would be used to the cold after living in New York for a good number of years, yet I think no one ever gets used to it. I quickened up my pace walking down the steps heading to the subway.
Train to Gangnam station. Train to Gangnam station. OH there. I ran quickly into the subway the doors briskly closing behind me. I finally found a seat, next to an older man who was occupied reading a newspaper. Taking a seat next to him I pulled my phone out my pocket typing in a hurry.