[ Z . H . ] Moonlight

*ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs ʀᴇᴇsᴇ (ʜɪs sɪsᴛᴇʀ) ɪs ᴀʀᴏᴜɴᴅ 17 *
ɪ ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ᴀ ᴠᴇʀsɪᴏɴ ᴏғ ᴛʜɪs ғɪʀsᴛ ᴏɴ ᴍʏ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ʙᴏᴏᴋ, & ᴡᴀs ǫᴜɪᴛᴇ ᴘʀᴏᴜᴅ! sʟ ʜᴇʀᴇ ɪs ᴀ ᴢᴀᴄʜᴀʀʏ ᴅᴇᴀɴ ʜᴇʀʀᴏɴ ᴠᴇʀsɪᴏɴ! ᴇɴᴊᴏʏ :)
p.s. can't wait for Ariana Grande's new perfume 😍 ignore the 'sent' lol.

🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑🌒🌓🌔

I sat beside the pool hugging my knees as my chin lent on my knees. My hands skimmed the surface of the ice cold water beside me, making small rings on the surface.
The coolness of the water was a relief from the hot day we'd just had.

I heard the noise of the sliding door of the house that led to the garden slide open, revealing Zach. "Hey y/n, you okay?" He asked, his voice laced with concern. "Yeah, i'm okay, thanks." I softly smiled, letting my arms flop to my side as butterflies erected in my stomach.

let me tell you a little bit about me and Zach.

Zach and I have been good friends since forever, and he told me a little over a year ago that his sister was moving in with him. His sister and I are quite good friends, so they both asked me if i wanted to move in with them, and share a room with her. I said yes, of course, and that is why i now live with the famous Zach Herron. His sister knows about the butterflies i get when Zach appears... she knows i have loved him for so long. it was love too. love is when you love someone not only for the way they look, but for their personality too. that is why i know i love Zach. i know him inside out, he is my best friend. he makes me laugh, we get each other so well, and he is always there for me when i need him. Zach of course doesn't have any idea about the 'crush', and i have no intention of changing it.

im probably just 'a fan', maybe a little more obviously, due to our situation of living in the same house and all.

i mean, reality check. he is Zach Dean Herron, why on earth would he want to be with me?

back to reality-

"You sure about that?" He questioned, sitting beside me. he knows me too well.

"Yeah, i'm cool. Thanks." "No problem. I know you're lying though." He groaned, his eyes locking to mine. I chuckled. "Fine. I am fine." "Y/N, we've never kept any secrets," 'as far as you know, you're wrong though', i thought to myself. "so tell me." I looked down.

i couldn't tell him... i just couldn't. since when do crushes or even love like in this case, ever like you back?

"Tell. Me." He prompted. "Nope. I am perfectly fine." I sighed, standing up. I began to walk away, looking at the moonlight shimmering on the waters surface. I felt his hand grab my arm, making my heart skip a beat. "You're in love, aren't you?" His voice was deep, his eyes searching for an answer. My eyes traced down to our bare feet, my eyes filling with tears.

Yes Zach, yes. I am so in love with you, my best friend. and saying this is going to make it so awkward for us. so no, i won't say it. i won't get rejected tonight.

"Maybe." I breathed, my voice shaking terribly. He said nothing. I looked up to the moon. It has always been a comfort to me. And all the stars too... just...the amazing sky.

My eyes found his, then... his lips found mine...and i guess that it said all that we both were feeling.

🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑🌒🌓🌔