breathin In A Little Too Much (S.M. Series)

hey loves! so, long story short, I was writing the first imagine for my Shawn Mendes series, 'In My Blood', and had an idea to incorporate 'breathin' by Ariana Grande with it too, along with 'A Little Too Much', by Shawn again.  I know I have done an Ariana series before, but this is one of my favourite songs of hers, and I definitely wanted to 'shout it out'. Both of these amazing songs are about struggles with anxiety, and they honestly mean the world to me. That's all from me. I really hope you guys enjoy this! I love you all. xoxo

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

'In My Blood' - Shawn Mendes

https://youtu.be/36tggrpRoTI

{lyric warning}

"Help me, it's like the walls are caving in...sometimes I feel like giving up, but I just can't; it isn't in my blood."

"Laying on the bathroom floor, feeling nothing. I'm overwhelmed and insecure, give me something, I could take to ease my mind."

"keep telling me that it gets better, does it ever?"

"I'm looking through my phone again, feeling anxious. Afraid of being alone again, I hate this. I'm trying to find a way to chill, can't breathe."

"I need somebody now, someone to help me out...it isn't in my blood."

'breathin' - Ariana Grande

 https://youtu.be/V4MsDt8ahiE

"Some days, things just take, way too much of my energy. I look up, and the whole world's spinning. You take, the cares away. I can so over-complicate."

"Feel my blood runnin', swear the sky's falling."

"Time goes by and I can't control my mind. Don't know what else to try, but you tell me every time.

Just keep breathin' and breathin' and breathin' and breathin'."

"tune 'em out they can be so loud....all I need is too see your face."

"Just keep breathin'"

'A Little Too Much' - Shawn Mendes

https://youtu.be/Dvv6OkU874k

"Sometimes it all gets a little too much."

"But you gotta realize that soon the fog will clear up 

And you don't have to be afraid, because we're all the same."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

It's so draining to be overwhelmed with the feeling of anxiety constantly. It impedes with every single element of your life. You sometimes don't want to go out with your friends, sometimes you even make plans and then wish you hadn't made those plans. It makes you feel as though you are out of your mind. Nobody around me seems to know what it's like to feel anxious; they don't know what it's like to not sleep through the night, because thoughts of what if consumes all of your energy. Ever had a panic attack? Well, I wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy. You feel numb, yet so hyper-sensitive at the same time. You shake, you cry, you can't fathom anything going on. You try grounding- listing five things you can smell, touch, and see. It works most of the time, other times, nothing can shut it off. The sensation of breathing becomes completely foreign.

That is exactly what was happening to me right now. I shook as I sat in the corner of my bathroom floor, feeling nothing but overwhelmed and insecure.

I just wished that I didn't fall apart so many times a day, just like this. Anxiety always catches up with me. 

All I could think of was Jonah, and how he told me to just keep breathing. That's all you could do when you feel overwhelmed with anxiety. 

I just wanted to see him, then everything would be better. It always is; whenever he is with me, everything in my life seems calm and content. I am so blessed having him as my husband.

Tears flowed down my cheeks as my breathing raced erratically as I shook, my knees in my chest with my arms wrapped around my legs while I struggled to breathe. There was nothing I could do or think to help me to calm down, he was the only way I could calm down. 

Before I could even attempt to take my phone from my bedroom and call him, the door downstairs opened with a creak and slammed shut with a slam. "Y/N?" I heard my name being called, followed by the jingling of keys being dumped on a surface, then footsteps. 

"Y/N?" The familiar voice repeated, before I completely recognised the soft, male voice. Jonah. "Baby?" I heard as my breathes slowly calmed, the simple sound of his voice calmed me down more than I thought it would. "J-Jo?" I asked, my eyes flashing up to the door that was closed, before it then proceeded to be flung open to reveal a panic-stricken Jonah. "Hey, baby, what's wrong?" He cooed, scooping down to my level before his large hands cupped my cheeks. "What happened?" He asked, placing a kiss on my forehead. "I-I don't know...everything just got...too much." I muttered before practically leaping into his arms which made him chuckle, he lent back as his arms wrapped around me, my arms around his neck while my head laid on his shoulder. "You worry too much....you overthink everything...you bring yourself down too much...you need to relax, love..." He mumbled, rubbing my back as he placed a kiss on my cheek.

"everything just seems to pile onto of me, it's like the walls are caving in, it's like the rooms spinning."  I sniffed, gripping onto the material of his t-shirt like a baby, wishing this feeling of anxiety would just fade away into nothing. It was social media, the constant tension and pressure to do and be more. It was my job, even more pressure to be more and do more. It was living, just simply living was pressure in itself. 

"Sometimes, it all gets a little too much." He softly sung, rocking me slowly from left to right as we swayed. "But I'm here, love.. I'll always be here." He whispered, his hot breath creating goosebumps as I smiled to myself. How blessed am I that I get to have this amazing person love me like he does.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Hey loves! Sorry if that was a little short, but anxiety issues is something that is close to my heart. I hope you enjoyed it anyways! More updates coming soon. We definitely need an Ariana and Shawn collaboration though! Love, Scarlett