[ D . S . ] Stormy Nights

Y/n PoV

☁️

I bolted upright in bed, the booming sound of thunder waking me up.
My breath hitched as lightning lit he darkened room, the curtains blowing like crazy as the rain poured outside.
My glassy eyes traced to my side where Daniel laid, undeterred by the storm commencing.
I've always hated storms (same 😂😭) and Daniel of course knows.
We've been married for a year now, he knows me inside out.
I laid beside him, my body close to his as I tried to calm myself down.

"Dani?" I whispered, barely able to speak.
"Daniel?" I asked once again, the warmth of his body finding mine.

I don't know what I'd do without him.

"Mmm, Baby?" He sleepily asked, rubbing his eyes.
"What's up?" His eyes now open. I could just about make out his gorgeous blue orbs in the darkness.
"T-there's a storm." I stuttered which was rare for me.
He let out a light chuckle, his arms wrapping around my waist and pulling me closer.
"Shhh baby... I'm here... nothings gonna hurt you." He cooed, his soft voice so perfect to help.

"I made sure I held you close to me... so call out my name.. call out my name when I kiss you so gently... I want you stay, I want you to stay." He softly sung my favourite song by The Weekend called 'Call Out My Name'.
His voice was always a comfort to me.
"Love you Dani."
I whispered, his lips planting a kiss on my hair.
"I love you too baby-girl."
"Do you think my so called 'fear' of storms are stupid and childish?" I questioned.
"No, of course not baby. It's kinda normal. I think it's kinda cute to be honest."
I nodded, my eyebrows furrowing together.
"Cute?" I asked.
"Yeah. I get to hold you closer and tighter when you're scared." He giggled, his hand rubbing my back.
"That's so cheesy." I giggled, looking up at him.
"I am for you baby."

I ran my fingers through his soft hair, twirling a piece of his hair through my fingers.
I placed a kiss on his jawline, feeling his grip tighten around me.
The room was lit up from the lightning once again, causing me to jump and hide in Daniel's chest which was covered by his soft sweatshirt.
He let out a chuckle.
"Aww babe... come here." He laughed, pulling me top lay down normally again.
He laid me on my side as I faced him as he faced me, his arms sneaking around my waist rubbing up and down slowly.

The storm continued outside, Daniel's arms tightening around me as he felt me tense up.

I love him so much, i am so incredibly lucky to have him.

☁️

ᴀʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ɪsɴ'ᴛ ɪᴛ.
ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴀs sᴏ ᴄᴜᴛᴇ <3
ʜᴏᴘᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴇɴᴊᴏʏᴇᴅ ʀᴇᴀᴅɪɴɢ! ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ғᴏʀɢᴇᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴠᴏᴛᴇ!