[D.S.] lose you to love me

"you promised the world and I fell for it

"you promised the world and I fell for it. I put you first and you adored it, set fire to my forest, and you let it burn. sang off key in my chorus, when it wasn't yours."

"we'd always go into it blindly, I needed to lose you to find me. this dancing was killing me softly, I needed to hate you to love me, yeah.

to love love, yeah, to love love, yeah, to love yeah. I needed to lose you to love me."

"in two months you replaced us, like it was easy. made me think I deserved it- in the thick of healing."

»»————- ♡ ————-««

"I just...I don't know what to say anymore, Daniel." I softly said, brushing my hand over the back of my neck while I squinted, using every single inch of my energy to keep myself together. "Neither do I." He sighed, biting his bottom lip as he gazed down at his feet, his face emotionless while he rested his hands in his back pockets. "We always do this." I began, finding some sort of courage in myself, though I just felt completely broken inside- I was too tired for this.

"We always fight. You always get mad at me, you always go distant for an unknown reason." I spoke, he rolled his eyes at my words before he let out a chuckle as if to say 'unbelievable.' "Seriously, y/n? You're blaming this on me?!" He exclaimed, but I expected him to. "Exactly. That proved my point." I whispered, swallowing deeply before I looked up to him again. "It's killing me." I sniffed, my eyes watering as I held his gaze. "It doesn't feel like we're a couple anymore. It just feels like we're growing fed-up of each other- it's like we don't want to be with each other anymore, and it hurts." I said, everything in sight becoming distorted through my tears.

"It feels as though I've lost myself, Daniel. I've lost myself by loving you- I put all of my energy into us; into you. I gave you my all; I put you first.

"It's like we go into these fights blindly, not realising how much it's not only hurting the relationship between us- but it's hurting us as individuals." I sniffed, a single tear streaming down my heated left cheek. His face still read as emotionless- it felt like I was letting him down by opening up about the things I have been feeling for the past two months.

"I tried, Daniel, I really did. You're not all to blame, i know i'm not perfect either. But it feels as though I've been viewing us through rose-coloured glasses- it's all distorted. I wanted to view us as idealistic and in a positive light, because I love you; so much. But now, I know it's not right- we're not right." I cried, realising that it was killing me softly- I had to lose him to find me.

"I am so used to putting you before all else, that I don't know who I am anymore. I don't love myself because I was too busy loving you more." I sobbed, unable to keep anything together anymore. He stood still and steady, his emotionless face flashing with a little hurt and empathy, although I knew I needed to ignore my love for this boy, and do something selfish for once. I saw the signs and i ignored it- but now i had to do something for me.

"I need to lose you to love me; i need to lose you to find me, because selfishly, I can't keep doing this. And you need this, Daniel. You need someone who knows who they are, someone you won't argue with constantly. "So.." He sniffed, taking a step towards me. "This chapter- our chapter is closed and done?" He asked, his voice quiet. "The most painful thing is that i want to stay," I cried. "But we need to do this for each other." I softly spoke. "Okay, y/n." He sniffed, picking up his backpack which lay at his feet, his tone cold. "It's goodbye for us." He said, and with that- with a quick glance over his shoulder- he left and never came back.

Two months had passed; one month of missing him, and a month of feeling happier now that I was finding and loving myself more. He had moved on- he had moved on to a beautiful blonde girl who was a model and actress. Daniel replacing me in two months made me feel that i deserved it- i deserved to be replaced and forgotten. But i learned to live and love for myself, rather than for him. And if it took more heartbreak to be fixed again, then that's okay. "And now, the chapter is closed & done."

»»————- ♡ ————-««

"If you are broken you do not have to stay broken." - SELENA GOMEZ- AMAs SPEECH, 2016.

hey loves, thank you so much for reading. I am so grateful for your patience while I have taken this fairly long on-and-off break from Wattpad, and this song has inspired me while I have been away- it means a lot to me.

I'm not sure if I consider myself 'back' now, but I need to write sort of 'what I feel', like this imagine, rather than what I have said I'll write or feel that I have to write.

thank you again for your patience, I am so glad I took this break which has only made my writing better (in my opinion), and has been refreshing!

I love y'all! love from Scarlett xoxo