"Any last words?" Part Three

RECAP

RECAP

"I'm so sorry for everything." He mumbled, brushing his lips against mine, his nose touching mine.

I was speechless, I had no idea what to say at all.

I wasn't able to get any words out before blue flashing lights and sirens filled the space around us, followed by the police shouting "Drop your weapons and put your hands where I can see them!"

I was released from Daniel's strong grip although he protectively shoved me behind him, my hands raised in the air as well as his after he dropped his gun to the ground.

Three police officers surrounded Daniel, shoving him to the ground before I could do or say anything, immediately locking handcuffs to his wrists. "You have to come with us, Miss." The same police officer spoke, taking my wrist rather roughly and taking Daniel and I to the police car. "Don't you dare hurt her." Daniel threatened the officer who simply nodded before turning to me. "There is no point to debate either Miss, we will look after you." He said after I questioned the situation.

What kind of tornado have I been swept up into?

See this is the trouble with loving a boy who is trouble

. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ⊹ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .

I sighed deeply, bowing my head as I shuffled my feet while I sat on the uncomfortable bed-like contraption in the jail cell I had been forced into. The silver handcuffs left little cuts around my wrists, sitting beside me as she let a deep sigh out like I did.

"I'm sorry." He breathed as I felt him looking at me, weariness lacing his soft voice. "You're always sorry, Daniel, but you never change." I sniffed, tears filling my eyes. "I know." He mumbled, my eyes meeting his. "The only thing I can change right now is us." He spoke, his fingers gliding through my hair which covered my pale skin with goosebumps, almost making me melt into a puddle.

"You never deserved anything I put you through, baby." He softly said. "And I want nothing more but to make it up to you. But I can't. I'm broken, and even though I know with all of my heart that you're the only one who can fix me, I'm not going to let you break fixing me." He said quietly and wholeheartedly, his eyes brimming with tears which was so rare for Daniel and made my heart clench at the sight of him.

This is why I'm in love with him, and always have been.

"Daniel...." I breathed, unsure of what to say. "I want to help you so much..." I breathed, my thumb gliding over his jawline, something I missed. "But you don't want to help yourself sometimes." I said, my eyes flickering from his eyes to his lips. "You get involved with that stupid gang that only hurts you, and you keep drinking and smoking the wrong stuff." I said, my voice breaking as a tear rolled down my cheek, his features softening even more at the sight of it as he wiped it away. "Don't cry, baby." He whimpered, his voice cracking. "You wanted to do all of that stuff even when we were together, it's like I didn't matter as much as they did-" "Y/n..." He breathed, "Nothing in my life has ever meant more to me than you did.." He smiled weakly, the tears in his eyes still evident as his fingers brushed against my flushed cheeks.

"Then why did you keep doing all those things..." I asked, his eyes scanning my face. "I was hurting you...and I knew we'd break up if I did those things and it would stop me from hurting you." He breathed. "Because I couldn't find the words to just break up with you because I truly loved you...even though you deserved to be treated better than that. I'm just sorry I ever came into your life." He chuckled in a hopeless manner.

"Shhh." I breathed, shuffling towards him. "Don't say that..I love you...and people you love the most hurt you the most sometimes...." I sniffed, brushing the side of his face. "I'd change anything to have you and not hurt you again, baby." He softly said. "Then quit the drugs, alcohol and gang then.." I spoke, he immediately nodded enthusiastically.

"Anything for you." He said, kissing my lips softly.

Daniel was sentenced to two months in jail for dealing drugs and endangering the public, but I worked overtime to pay for his bail, as well as using any money he had left. Straight after he was released, we dated once again for two months, something I didn't realise I missed quite that much until we did it again. He kept all of the promises he swore to me; he never saw his gang again, and he never drank or picked up a cigarette since.

We were currently sat on a park bench in the same park where everything seemed to happen with him. I had my head resting on his shoulder, his arm protectively around me, thoughts swirling around my mind at a hundred miles per hour. "What are you thinking about?" He asked, placing a kiss on the temple of my forehead. "You." I breathed honestly, messing with my fingers as I sat comfortably in his arms. "And what about me?" He chuckled. "I want to marry you...." I whispered, gazing up to him as a smile appeared on his lips. "I've got it all under control." He said after a long few seconds pause, his eyes flickering from my lips to my eyes. "You have?" I asked, gazing into his eyes. "Yeah....I'm...saving." He mumbled with a small, mischievous smile on his lips. "For?" I asked with a playful smile, dragging out the word. "A ring fit for my princess." He smiled, brushing his hand through my hair. "And that is exactly why I want to marry you." I giggled, placing a kiss on his lips.

And oh my goodness the ring he put on my finger at our wedding was fit for a princess.