𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐞

{𝙇𝙮𝙧𝙞𝙘 𝙬𝙖𝙧𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜!}

{𝙇𝙮𝙧𝙞𝙘 𝙬𝙖𝙧𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜!}

𝙡𝙮𝙧𝙞𝙘𝙨:

"𝘐𝘮𝘢𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘢 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘭𝘥 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵."

"𝘊𝘢𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘪𝘮𝘢𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘪𝘵?"

┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

Romeo and Juliet was my favourite movie, play, book, and fantasy for so many years when I was younger. The idea of two star-crossed lovers having to battle to be with each other. Granted, maybe not the whole death thing at the end, but the idea of having a love so intense that you will do anything to be with that person had always fascinated me- I had always wished for it.

I guess that I just never imagined that it could be true; that Romeo and Juliet could be a real life experience- especially for me. I had always been that person who always thought that nobody could love them; nobody could love me for me. I was wrong, and for that I am extremely glad.

I thought about all of this as I watched him, as I watched him clean his car in the sunset's light, the golden glow complimenting his every perfection, which, to me, was all of him. His brunette hair fell over his heavenly blue eyes as he scrubbed his car, his orbs concentrating on every movement his hand was making. For just a moment, his eyes glanced up to me, a small and subtle smiling forming on his desirable lips as he noticed the admiration of love in my eyes. I smiled weakly, a wave of sadness coming over me as I thought about the fact that as of two months ago- my parents banned me from speaking to him. He was either not good enough for me, too much for me in terms of him 'living on the edge', not enough money to support me, not mature enough or too mature for me. My parents couldn't decide on which lie to tell me to make me fall out of love with Daniel, the beautiful brunette and starry eyed teenager next door, so they decided to make me miserable and stop me from speaking to him. Of course, that didn't stop me. I had all due respect for my parents, but I was nothing without Daniel- another lie that my parents told me that if I was "nothing without him, I shouldn't have him at all." and that I have to "know who" I am "without a man"- a rhyme made up to cause me to stop seeing him. Once again, it didn't stop me.

Even on days where we couldn't speak, Daniel and I would wave at each other from our windows; either as I was walking past his house he would wave, or vice versa. Several times, I would put a letter through his door sneakily, telling him how much I love and miss him. Yes, I love Dani. We have know each other for years, and I was not about to let that go to waste. I have all due respect for my parents, but this is where I draw the line.

It was time for me to go and meet Daniel- my parents had gone to work for the night, so I went to meet Dani. My best friend y/b/g/f/n (your best girl friend's name. f/n for short) was meeting me as well, as I hadn't seen her in a while. After talking to her for a few seconds, Daniel answered the door, but he didn't look as chirpy and as happy as usual- he was usually (adorably, might I add) happy to see me, as we didn't speak to or hang out with each other as much as we would both like, or as much as we did before the ban my parents put me under. "Hey, what's up?" I asked him as we walked inside, following his grumpy-self up the stairs. "Nothing." he stated unconvincingly, causing f/n and I too give each other an uncertain look of 'we don't believe him, do we.' "That didn't sound convincing." I stated, walking into his bedroom, f/n sitting beside Daniel on the bed. "Y/N, look, I Don't want to talk about it. Leave me to it, okay?" He sighed, laying down and facing the wall away from f/n and I. We yet again gave looked at one another with a 'what's going on?' face, then back to the miserable Daniel.

"Fine," f/n began five minutes later, after nobody said anything. "I'm playing on the playstation if we are all going to be anti-social." She sighed, sitting on the floor by the tv and beginning to play some racing game. I exhaled loudly as I looked to Daniel once again, he was still in the same position as before- laying antisocially towards the wall. "Dani?" I cooed, knowing he was awake- despite receiving no reply.

"Leave grumpy-pants to it, y/n." f/n stated, sighing loudly as her fingers swooped flawlessly around on the controller. All three of us had been best friends for six years, and now I was petrified that it was all going to tear apart because Dani and I fell in an impossible love; something that could never be.

I miss him, so much. I don't just miss my almost first-boyfriend, but I miss me best friend in the entire world.

"Daniel.... please talk to me." I begged, gently running my hand through his hair. "I really miss you, y/n." He breathed, rolling on to his back to face me. "I know, Dani.... but we still see each other though, so there is no need to be sad or to miss me." I sighed, smiling down at him weakly. "I want there to be an us." He said in a shaky voice, a clear frown on his desirable lips.

"Me too, baby." I smiled, kissing him softly. "There will be one day, I promise you that... okay?" He nodded softly, but I could read his starry eyes like that back of my hand, so I knew that he was sad. "Yeah... all I do is imagine what it would be like to be with you... to be married to you, to be with you without your parents stopping us." He stated, sitting up and looking into my eyes. "I am so in love with you, y/n. I love every part of you, your personality, your passions and aspirations, and you are the most beautiful person I have ever seen... I can't be without you...we're twenty-two for goodness sake, we can legally get married, we're old enough and have been in love for so many years - so it's not young and foolish. I love you. I need you, y/n, I need what we have to stop only being possible through imagining, but possible here and now; in real life." He said, his voice weak as a small tear fell from his eye, breaking my heart all over again.

"I can't even say what we both could do differently to make it happen, Daniel. My parents don't even know what they hate about you, about us. I don't know how to help us." I sniffed, looking down as my eyes clouded with tears. "I promise, that no matter what though Daniel, we will be together one day... I promise you.. Imagine it, that will keep us happy." I smiled.

Somehow, over the next week and a half I managed to convince my parents to meet up for dinner with Daniel and discuss how things could be different, that all their daughter wanted was to be with Dani. They saw how heart-broken him and I were over not being able to be together, that imagining a world where we could be a happy couple was the only way to keep us positive.

A month after great progress with this, Daniel got down on one knee and asked me the only question I have ever wanted to be asked; "will you marry me?"

I love that I don't have to imagine us being together anymore, that now we've been married for three years and have a beautiful baby-boy who is only one year old, called Cody. Cody and Daniel are as close as any father and son could be, Cody is a true daddy's boy. We couldn't be happier.

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑

HEY LOVES! I REALLY HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS IMAGINE, THE FIRST UPDATE SINCE MAY! SORRY I'VE BEEN OFF POSTING FOR A WHILE, BUT I AM CONCENTRATING AND EXCITED TO RELEASE MORE FRESH IMAGINES WITH NEW IDEAS, AS WELL AS PERHAPS A NOVEL! I REALLY HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOYED THE FIRST OF THE 'THANK U, NEXT' SERIES, BASED ON ARIANA GRANDE'S ALBUM OF 2019! LOVE, V XOXO