𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 (𝐟𝐭. 𝐍𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐢 𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐣)

𝘡𝘢𝘤𝘩 𝘏𝘦𝘳𝘳𝘰𝘯 𝘹 𝘙𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘳

𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓵𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽 𝓲𝓼 𝓬𝓸𝓶𝓲𝓷𝓰 (𝓯𝓽.𝓝𝓲𝓬𝓴𝓲 𝓜𝓲𝓷𝓪𝓳).  𝘉𝘺 𝘈𝘳𝘪𝘢𝘯𝘢 𝘎𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘦 - 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 '𝘚𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘳'

𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨" 𝘪𝘴 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘳𝘦𝘭𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘯 𝘱𝘰𝘴𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘵𝘰 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘥 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘴.

{𝗅𝗒𝗋𝗂𝖼 𝖼𝗁𝖾𝖼𝗄!}

-lyrics that apply-

ᗩᖇI

"𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘨𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘢𝘳𝘬𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘭𝘦"

~*~

I sighed, opening the refrigerator to take a tub of chocolate ice cream out.
I grabbed a spoon and sat on the sofa, turning on Romeo and Juliet on the television.
So yes, I am watching sad movies, eating ice cream in my pyjamas, and crying my eyes out.
Let me explain...
My parents and I had an argument involving them 'not liking' the idea of me getting married to the love of my life, Zach Herron.
Why?
Because 'he is a bad choice'. What, once again? Because he 'is so busy with being a celebrity to bother being a good husband'.
Was I going to let them stop me from doing what I know is right, to marry him? No, no I'm not.
This argument with my parents caused Jack and I to then argue. We made up, but still... i mean, if I had proposed to someone and then heard that the person had an argument with their parents over not getting 'approval'; I'd be upset too.
We did put it behind us, and decided to still get married anyway. I had respectively explained all of this to my parents, but they didn't want to hear it. They basically didn't want me to 'regret anything.'

I knew I wouldn't ever regret marrying Zach though.

I sniffed loudly, wiping one of my many tears.
Pausing the move, I decided to call Jack.
"Hey..." he spoke through the phone after only a few beeps.
"Hey Zach..." I breathed. He must know something is up, I never call him by his name.
"What's up, love?" He asked, his voice laced with concern.
"I just... everything seems bad right now... it's so hard..." I sighed.
"I know honey, but we can't let people tell us what we can and can't do... we love each other, so why wouldn't we marry? Don't listen to them."
"I know.. I'm not letting them get into my head... it's like they know it all."
"I know... they don't know it all though, do they. We know that. If they knew it all, they'd know and understand that we love each other and need each other." He truthfully stated.
"You're right." I agreed.

"Hey... you know what?" He said after a few seconds of unawkward silence.
"What?"
"The light is coming to give back everything the darkness stole. The darkness being your parents, and the light being our wedding."
"Zach, you're so cute." I laughed, amusement dancing in my voice.
"I know, I know, no need to tell me." He bluffed.
"I'm gonna speak to my parents... I'm going to explain to them how it's all made me feel." I sighed, "okay babe, good idea. Let me know. Love you."
"Love you, bye."
"Bye."
I ended the call, and hesitantly pressed on 'mother 🙁' in my calls.

"Hello?"
"Hi mom..."
"Y/n... what's going on?" She asked, surprise evident in her voice; probably from the surprise of my call.
"I just wanted to politely tell you some.. stuff.. I'm really in love with Zach. I have been for three years. He respects me, treats me perfectly, and respects you as well. I've always come first; before his work. I want to marry him- and I will. .."
"Y/n... I'm sorry about the way your father and I took it.. I really am. We know how in love you two are. Honestly... the thought of you growing up so quickly is scary for us! It's the same for any parent... but we want you to marry Zach; he is perfect for you. We were about to call you, that's why I was so surprised to hear from you!"
"I'm so happy you're okay with this mom... I'm not growing up that much, I mean, I'm in Spongebob pj's!"

I finished the successful conversation with my mom, and then texted Zach with the happy news.

It's true. There is always a light at the end of the tunnel.

" 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝓁𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉 𝒾𝓈 𝒸𝑜𝓂𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝑜 𝑔𝒾𝓋𝑒 𝒷𝒶𝒸𝓀 𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇𝓎𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒹𝒶𝓇𝓀𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 𝓈𝓉𝑜𝓁𝑒."

*~*

I really hope you guys enjoyed this imagine!!

Don't forget to vote and comment

Much love 🖤