Christmas Feast

Students drift into the snow with their trunks, heading home for holiday.

"Make way for the Heir of Slytherin! Seriously evil witch coming through!" Pietro Maximoff says.

"That's not funny mate." Peter says grabbing your arm protectively.

You frown at Pietro, and slightly reach for your wand. To...hex him perhaps?

Peter sees you, "Oh, c'mon, _____.  I know Pietro's annoying but, he's just having a laugh."

"He's the only one." You growl angrily.

"Okay, so half the school thinks you're nipping off to the Chamber of Secrets every night. Who cares? Not us, we know your innocent." Michelle says.

"Maybe they're right." You mutter.

"______!" Peter says reproachfully.

You screw up your voice in frustration, "I didn't know I could speak Parseltongue. What else don't I know about myself? Maybe you can do something... even something horrible...and not know you did it."

"You don't believe that,_____, I know you don't." Peter says, putting a comforting hand on your shoulder.

"And if it makes you feel better, I just heard Liz is staying over for holiday, too." Michelle says.

"Why would that make anyone feel better?" Peter asks.

"Because, in a few days, the Polyjuice Potion will be ready. In a few days...we may truly know who is the Heir of Slytherin." Michelle says darkly.
_

It's the Christmas Feast. The Hall glimmers grandly as snowflakes tumble from the ceiling. You sit next to Peter and Michelle sits in front of you. Peter, who swears he saw a gaggle of spiders in the boys dormitories earlier, insisted on holding your hand for the duration of the feast, for protection, he said.

"Everything's set. We just need a bit of who you're changing into." Michelle says.

"Betty and Flash." You whine.

"And we also need to make sure that the real Betty and Flash can't burst in on us while we're interrogating Liz." Peter says.

Michelle holds up a pair of small cakes. "I've got it all worked out. I had Ned make a simple Sleeping Draught and I put them in the cakes. I didn't tell him what it was for, luckily it was simple, so he didn't get too suspicious."

Peter glances at Liz, Betty, and Flash, who presently are eating everything in front of them.

"You know how greedy Betty and Flash are. They won't leave the Christmas Feast until every last drop of trifle is gone." Michelle chuckles, "Now, once they're asleep, hide them in a broom cupboard and pull out a few of their hairs."

"And whose hair will you be ripping out?" You laugh.

"Matter of fact, I've already got mine." She takes a vile out of her cloak, inside is a group of blonde hairs, "Emma Frost. She's in Slytherin. I got this off her robes."

Michelle rises, "all right then...I'm going to check on the Polyjuice Potion." She points to the cakes in front of her, "and just remember, make sure Betty and Flash can find these." Michelle briefly glances at you and Peter holding hands, and then trots off.

Peter sighs and grips your hand tighter, "Have you ever heard of a plan where so many things could go wrong?"
_

You and Peter lurk behind a suit of armor, Peter taps your shoulder and you see Betty and Flash exit the the Great Hall.

Of course Flash spies the cakes instantly, perched
one of the banisters. Grabbing them, he surrenders one to Betty and, in unison, the shove them into their mouths. They pause, wobble for a moment and then fall straight onto their backs.

You and Peter dash out, and drag Betty and Flash across the floor and into a one of the the broom cupboards.
_

Michelle, wearing a Slytherin robe, hovers over a smoking cauldron as you enter with Peter.

"Did you get it?" She asks.

You both hold up your hands, In each: a tuff of hair. Michelle points to a pair of Slytherin robes,

"I snuck those out of the laundry." She mumbles.

You nod, then glance at the cauldron. The potion looks like a thick, dark, bubbling mud.

Michelle sighs, "I'm sure I've done everything right. I poured over the library and Ned's potion books for hours. It looks like the book said it should. Once we've drunk it, we'll have exactly one hour before we change back into ourselves."

"Now what?" You ask.

"We separate it into three glasses and...add the hairs." Michelle says in disgust.

You grimace, and slip in the stall to change your robes.
_

Michelle pours the potion into three glasses, you add the hairs then raise the glass slowly before downing it in two gulps.

"Ugh. Essence of Flash..." Peter swallows grimly and then doubles over. "Think I'm gonna be sick..."
He runs into a stall.

You also feel very sick, and step to check your reflection in one of the cracked mirrors.

In the mirror watch your face contort into the thin features of Betty Brant, long, thin blonde hair sprouts from your head, your nose thins, your cheeks look much less full and your skin turns dingy and pale. How was it that she was so greedy when it came to food, yet she never seemed to gain a pound?

Peter emerges from his stall, a dead ringer for Flash Thompson.

"______?" Peters voice calls out from Flash's body.

"Peter?" You say in amazement.

"We still sound like ourselves. You need to sound more like Flash." You say.

Peter begins to adjusts his voice, "I am the most dim witted kid in school."

"More lax, and a bit higher." You laugh.

"I'm the most dim witted kid in school." Peter says relaxing his voice.

"Less intelligent." You waver.

"I'm extremely stupid." Peter says in a cave-man like voice.

"Excellent." You nod, then glance around, "Hey, where's Michelle?"

Michelle speaks from one of the stalls, "I- I don't think I'm going. Just go on without me."

"Michelle, are you okay?" You ask kindly.

"Just go! You're wasting time!"