The Black Lake

"Tell me again."

"Please don't make me."

"Do you want to get through this task or not?" Michelle says sharply.

You sigh and put your head on the desk, "Come seek us where our voices sound."

"The black lake, that's very obvious." Michelle says plucking a book from one of the shelves.

"An hour long you'll have to look."

"Again obvious, though I must admit potentially
problematic."

"Potentially problematic? When was the last time you held your breath under the water for an hour Michelle?" You say irritably.

"Look _____, we can do this. The three of us can figure it out." Michelle nods.

You and Peter share a look and groan.

You hear footsteps and Nick Fury appears by the library desk you and your friends are occupying.

"Hate to break up this scholarly session but Professor T'Challa would like to see you in his office. Not you Marvel, just Parker and Jones."

"But sir, the second task is only hours away and..." Peter trails off.

"Exactly. Presumably Marvel is well prepared by now and could do with a good night's sleep. Go Now."

Peter waves and him and Michelle walk off, "Leeds!" Professor Fury calls.

Ned appears from behind a bookcase.

"Why don't you help Marvel put her books back."

Fury walks away and Ned walks over and begins taking stacks of books and placing them on a cart. The books float up and find their places.

Ned gazes at the cover of a book Michelle had pulled from the shelf, "You know, if you're interested in plants you'd be better with Gorshok's Guide to Herbology. Do you know there's a wizard in Nepal whose growing gravity resistant trees?"

You lift your head from the desk, "Ned. No offense, but I really don't care about plants. Now if there's a
Tibetan turnip that will allow me to breathe underwater for an hour then great." You say sarcastically.

He thinks for a moment, "I don't know about a turnip but you can always use gilliweed."
_

The twins are shouting, busy taking bets, annoying you a bit. Your walking to the lake with Ned as he clutches some gilliweed in his hand. You fuss with your swim suit and your jacket covering it.

"So, you're sure about this Ned?" You ask.

"Absolutely." He nods.

"It will last for an hour?"

"Most likely."

You stop dead in your tracks, "Most likely?"

"Well there is some debate among herbologists with its effects in freshwater versus saltwater."

"You're telling me this now? You have to be joking." You groan.

"I just wanted to help." He says defensively.

"Well that makes you a slight bit better than Peter and Michelle. Where are they anyway?"

"You seem a little tense _____."

"Do I?" You shoot back.
_

Strange's voice sounds over a loudspeaker, "Welcome to the second task. Last night something was stolen from each of our champions. A kind of treasure. These four treasures, one for each champion, now lie on the bottom of the black lake. In order to win each champion need only find their
treasure and return to the surface. Simple enough. Except for this, they will have one hour and one hour only. After that they'll be on their own."