A Killer on the Loose

The chandelier sways as the bus doors open. The steps of the Leaky Cauldron groan with heavy feet and a figure appears; it was the Innkeeper of the Leaky Cauldron pub.

"Ms. Marvel...at last." He says.

As the Knight Bus rockets off, you glance over, but the bus is already gone. The Innkeeper drags your trunk inside.

You trail him through the quiet pub. The bartender glances up, his gaze lingering perhaps a bit too long. A solitary wizard reads a book while, at his elbow, his coffee cup stirs itself. The innkeeper leads you upstairs.

As you follows him into a room, you catch a glimpse of a snow white owl.

"Hedwig!" You exclaim. She jumps off her perch and flies onto your arm and nudges you lovingly, you stroke her wing gently. It must've felt good to finally get out of her cage.

"Smart bird you've got there, Ms. Marvel. Arrived only minutes before yourself." The Innkeeper says.

A man clears his throat behind you. You turn, to find a pinstriped silhouette at the window, staring at the ghostly shadows beyond. Your reflection shivers
in the glass, but the man doesn't turn.

"I should tell you, Ms. Marvel, earlier this evening your uncle's sister was located just south of
Sheffield, circling a chimney stack. The Accidental Magic Reversal Department was dispatched and she's been properly punctured and her memory modified. She has no recollection of the incident
whatsoever."  Then the man turns.

It's Thaddeus Ross, Minister of Magic.

"So that's that, and no harm done. Pea soup?" He offers, smiling.

You glance warily from the steaming tureen of green sludge to the unclean innkeeper, who is now working a grimy thumb into his gum, and spitting out bits of walnut shell.

"Uh, No thank you. Minister...I don't understand. I broke the law. Underage wizards aren't allowed to use magic outside of school-" you begin.

Ross begins dishing himself a bowl of soup, "Oh, come now,______. The Ministry doesn't send people to Azkaban for blowing up their aunts! On the other hand...running away like that... given the state of things...very, very irresponsible."

"What do you mean by the state of things, sir?" You ask sheepishly.

"We have a killer on the loose."

"Tony Stark, you mean. But...what's that got to do with me?"

"Hm? Oh, nothing. You're safe, that's what matters. Tomorrow you'll be on your way to Midgards. These are your new schoolbooks. I took the liberty of having them brought here for you." He smiles once more, and motions to a stack of textbooks.

You eye the stack of books. One is bound by a belt and very furry.

"By the way,_____. Whilst you're here it would be best if you didn't...wander."
_

You exit your room, preparing to go downstairs to eat breakfast. Suddenly, something small and fast dashes by your feet.

Looking, you spy a rather ragged-looking rat, being pursued by a pudgy-faced orange cat. There could only be two people with pets like that...

As you move down the stairs, arguing voices come from below,

"I'm warning you, Michelle! Keep that bloody beast of yours away from Nebula or I'll turn it into a tea cozy."

"He's a cat, Peter! What do you expect? It's in his nature."

As you reach the bottom, you find Peter Parker
protectively cradling Nebula the rat, while Michelle Jones does her best to restrain a her hissing cat, Crookshanks.