Two Places at Once

"What just happened? Where's Peter?" You ask.

Michelle ignores the question, and instead eyes the clock on the wall.

"Seven-thirty. Where were we at seven-thirty?" She asks.

"Huh? Dunno... going to Bruce's?" You shrug

"Come on! We can't be seen!" Michelle grabs you arm, and slams you through the door.
_

You and Michelle come to a mad, huffing halt.

"Michelle! Will you please tell me what it is we're doing?!" You ask.

She holds up a hand, silencing you. Annoyed, you
follow her gaze and blink in disbelief. Across the grounds...you see yourself, along with Michelle and Peter, about to confront Liz, Betty, and Flash near the monoliths.

"But that- that's..us. This is not normal." You say in shock.

Dumbfounded, you turn. Michelle holds up her hourglass necklace.

"This is a Time-Turner, ______. T'Challa gave it to me first term. This is how I've been getting to my lessons all year."

"You mean, we've gone back in time?" You ask.

"Yes. Strange wanted us to return to this moment. Clearly something happened he wants us to change."

A soft smack is heard. You turn, and see Liz land on
her arse in the Sundial Garden, then rub her bottom.

"Good punch." You say in admiration.

"Hurry! Liz's coming!"

Michelle pulls you under the bridge. Footsteps clamor over your heads.

Seconds later, you emerge, and marvel at the sight of yourself and Michelle, and Peter heading down the slope to Bruce's hut. Your eyes shift to the pumpkin patch.

"Look. Buckbeak's still alive." Michelle says, "Of course! Remember what Strange said. If we succeed, more than one innocent life could be spared."

"Buckbeak? But... how will saving Buckbeak help save Tony?" You ask.

"We'll see." Michelle nods.
_

As Buckbeak feasts on a ferret, you and Michelle duck behind a pile of pumpkins. Peering into the hut, you see Michelle and Peter embrace awkwardly.

Your face turns, and you look to Michelle.

She looks on with considerable fascination. She notices you looking regards you defensively.

"What?"

"Nothing." You shrug nonchalantly.

You look up toward the slope, and see Ross and the others approaching in a cloud of crows.

"Here they come. I better hurry." You say.

"No! Ross has to see Buckbeak before we steal him. Otherwise, he'll think Bruce set him free!"

You nod, then look toward the hut. Inside, Bruce is handing Nebula to Peter.

"That's Neb-"

As you start to rise, Michelle grabs you, and speaks
fiercely.

"No, _____! You can't!"

"Michelle, that's the woman who betrayed my parents! You don't expect me to just sit here..."

"Yes! You must!" She points inside, "______, you're in Bruce's hut right now. If you go bursting inside, you'll think you've gone mad. Awful things can happen when wizards meddle with time. We can't be seen."