I Will Not Tell Lies

You dart down the halls of Midgards, then you skid around the corner, and slide into the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom. You stumble into the wall and then fall loudly.

The whole class looks at you as you come staggering in.

"Sorry, Professor. Late night." You mutter.

Ultron gives a sinister smile and looks at you, "Let's see...five points from Gryffindor for coming in late."

You nod your head, not really caring, and plop down next to Peter.

"Now, as I was saying before Ms. Marvel disrupted us, your Defense Against the Dark Arts education has been rather fragmented, and disjointed in your past, hasn't it? Well, I will be following a pre-approved, Mistry-prepared, theory-centered, defense lesson plan." He waves his hand at the blackboard and words appear, "Copy this down."

Everyone opens their books and begins copying, except Michelle, who sits with her book unopened and her hand in the air. Professor Ultron ignores her. However, within the next few seconds, nearly the whole class is watching Michelle.

Ultron sighs, "Yes?"

"I want to know something about your course aims."

"Well they should be perfectly self-evident." Ultron says, pointing to the board.

"Well...I don't think they are. They say nothing about actually doing spells."

"I can't imagine under any circumstances in my class why you would need spells, Ms. Jones."

"But the whole point of Defense Against the Dark Arts is practical application. Right?" Michelle replies very seriously.

"Ms. Jones, this class has been approved by Ministry experts. Are you a Ministry Expert?"

"No, but—"

"Then you have no business challenging those who are. We will be learning about spells in a safe, risk-free environment-"

"But we've got our O.W.L.s coming up— You really expect us to do the spells with no practice?" She retorts.

"Yeah." You chime in, "What goods theory in the real world?"

"This is a school, not the real world, Ms. Marvel. There is nothing out there— waiting to get you."

Fury and pain gnaws on your heart, "What about Thanos?"

The whole room flinches at the sound of the name. Peter grabs your hand, you look at him and his eyes are pleading for you to back down. But you won't. You can't.

"Ten points from Gryffindor, Ms. Marvel. And let me set the record straight." He stands behind his desk, his red eyes piercing. "Some of you have been told a certain dark wizard has returned, and this is a lie."

You shoot up, knocking your books to the ground, livid rage flowing through you.

"IT'S NOT A LIE!" You shout.

"Ms. Marvel you have just landed yourself in detention." Ultron says, he looked mostly calm, if not for his mouth pressed into a fine line, his eyes full of hatred.

You move around your desk stiffly, trembling with rage, feeling dangerous.

"So according to you Katherine Pryde just dropped dead? Or are you calling me a murderer?"

"That girl's death was a tragic accident."

You reach Ultron's desk. You slam your fist against the wood, thrusting your finger right up to him, glaring absolute daggers.