Liz's Secrets

You and Peter hurry down the staircase to the Slytherin common room.

"Don't swing your arms like that. Betty holds them sort of stiff," Peter says, you go rigid and walk in a very robotic way. "Yeah. That's better."
_

You dart around quickly, when suddenly you hear a set of footsteps sound. Seconds later, Charles Xavier (the Gryffindor prefect!) appears at the end of the corridor.

"What are you doing here?" Peters voice says, coming out of Flash's  body.

Charles squints, confused by Peters voice coming out of Flash's body. You elbow him, he then clears his throat and speaks in a higher voice.

"What're your names again?" Charles asks.

Suddenly a voice comes from behind and answers for you, "Betty. Flash. Where have you been? Pigging out in the Great Hall all this time?" It was Liz.

You nod afraid to speak.

Charles squints again.

"What are you doing here?" Peter asks him.

"I happen to be a prefect. You, on the other hand, have no business wandering the corridors at night.
It's not safe these days." Charles says, Liz walks slowly toward him, glancing witheringly at Charles.

"And what are you doing down here, Xavier?"

"Mind your attitude, Allen. You want to show a little bit more respect to a school Prefect!" Charles says pompously.

"Come on, Xavier thinks he's going to catch Slytherin's hair single-handed." smirks Liz.
_

You and Peter trail Liz inside the Slytherin common room, you swallow hard and glance around warily.

"Listen to this..." Liz grabs The Daily Prophet, and begins to read the front page.

"May Parker, Head of the Misuse of Muggle Artifacts Office, was today fined fifty Galleons for bewitching a Muggle car. 'Parker has brought the Ministry into disrepute', said Adrien Toomes, a governor of Midgard's. 'She is clearly unfit to draw up our laws and her ridiculous Muggle Protection Act should be scrapped immediately.' " Grinning, Liz peers over top the paper at you and Peter.

Peter growls.

"If May Parker loves Muggle so much she should snap her wand in half and go join them. You'd never know the Parker linage was pureblooded, the way they behave. Embarrassment to the wizarding world. All of them, even the dead ones." Liz chuckles.

Peter wants to scream, to curse at Liz, to hex her, you can tell. You elbow Liz, she looks surprised.

"What's up with you, Flash?" She asks Peter.

In a low voice he answers, "Stomachache."

"Well, go to the hospital wing and give all those Mudbloods a kick in the arse for me! You know, I'm
surprised The Daily Prophet hasn't reported all these attacks yet. I suppose Strange's trying to hush it all up. He'll be sacked if it doesn't stop soon. Father always said Strange the worst thing that's ever happened to this place." Liz says.

Anger boils inside of you, "You're wrong!" You say shrilly.

"What? Did you say that I was wrong? You think there's someone here who's worse than Strange? "

Worried. You think, then: "Uhhh, _____ Marvel."

Liz grins, "Good one, Betty. You're absolutely right. Saint Marvel. She's another one with no proper
wizard feeling, or she wouldn't go around with those Mudbloods Leeds and Jones. And people actually think she's the Heir of Slytherin."

You and Peter exchange a glance. You lean closer to Liz.

"Then you must have some idea who's the heir?" You ask.

"You know I haven't, Betty. How many times do I have to tell you? But my father did say this much:
It's been fifty years since the Chamber was opened. He wouldn't tell me who opened it- only that
they were expelled- but I know this: the last time the Chamber of Secrets was opened, a Mudblood died. So it's only a matter of time before one of them's killed this time. As for me... I hope it's Jones."
As Liz grins, your wand rises. When Peter stops you.

"What's the matter with you two? You're acting very odd. And Flash what's with those glasses in your pocket?" She asks Peter (his reading glasses.)

"Glasses for, uh reading."

Liz looks a bit impressed, "Huh. I didn't know you could read."

Suddenly you see Peter staring at you wide-eyed, your touched your forehead, your scar was surfacing beneath the surface of Betty's thin skin.

You turn, And Flashes obviously black hair hair is turning brown. You both jump to your feet, and dash out of the room.

"Hey! Where are you going!" Liz shouts.
_

Just before you reach the door to the bathroom you are fully yourselves once again.

"That was close!" Peter says hugging you as the two of you jump with joy.

"Michelle, come out. We've got loads to tell you!" You say joyfully.

"Go away!" Michelle shouts.

As you and Peter exchange a puzzled glance,  Screaming Starr spirals into view, looking disturbingly happy.

"Ooh, wait till you see. It's awful!" The ghost
snickers.

The stall's lock slides back. The door opens slowly.

"Do you remember me telling you the Polyjuice Potion was only for human transformations...?" Michelle whimpers.

Even in shadow, you can see: Michelle's face is covered in fur, her eyes yellow, and pointed ears poke through her hair.

"It was cat hair I plucked off Emma Frosts robes! Look at my face!"

"Look at your tail." Peter mutters.
_

Staggering under the weight of the library books in your arms, you and Peter make your way to Michelle's bed, which is already covered in books.

"Oh, good. Put those anywhere. There is no anywhere. So then just, drop them." Michelle says.

"The Librarian asked that we relay a message to you, Michelle: She'd appreciate it if you'd leave a few books for the rest of the school." Peter laughs.

"I've got to keep up, haven't I?" Just then, Michelle's  tail twitches into view.

"Is that thing ever going away?" You groan.

"Any day now, according to Madam Khan. I'm just thankful I've stopped coughing up fur balls."

"We all are, believe me." Peter says, nodding.

"Now. What about the Chamber of Secrets? Any new leads?" You press.

"Nothing." Michelle says. "And has it gotten any better? I mean...is anyone speaking to you?"

"Ned asked to borrow a tube-worm in Potions yesterday. I suppose that's something." You frown.

Peter takes a get-well card from under Michelle's  pillow, "To Miss Jones. Wishing you a speedy recovery, from your concerned teacher Scott Summers. You sleep with this under your pillow?" He laughs.

"Of course not. I don't know how that got there. Now go. I still have six hundred pages to read in  Transfiguration Through the Ages." She shoos the both of you off.