Follow the Spiders

You walk with Ned to the common room.

"I promise I wasn't lurking in the girls dormitories, Valkyrie wanted me to tell you. I swear." Ned says, going absolutely scarlet in the face.

"Ned, I believe you. Furnace," The password opens the door, and you turn to the portrait, it swings open and you go inside.

You trot upstairs to the girls dormitories, when you get to your shared room, your space is a disaster: your trunks had been riffled through, drawers flung open, bedclothes strewn on the floor.

"It had to be a Gryffindor. Nobody else knows our password. Unless, it wasn't a student..." Michelle says.

"Well whoever it was, they were looking for something." Valkyrie huffs.

She was one of your roommates, along with Michelle, and Shuri Waka. Valkyrie was a short, muscular girl, with carmel skin and a bad attitude. Now that you think about it, she was quite a good flyer. You suppose maybe she'll take one of the older kids spots on the Gryffindor team next year.

Shuri Waka, well she had the highest marks in your year (Michelle was second of course), you scarcely saw her with any Gryffindors, she usually could be found hanging out with a pack of Ravenclaws. Well, that was when she wasn't in the library, or mixing up a new potion. She was normal height, and slim with dark black skin and usually wore her hair in braids that hung down to her waist. She was nice enough from what you knew. So that was that.

"Where's Peter?" You ask Michelle.

"Downstairs, he can't get up here because of the enchantment." Michelle says.

"Enchantment?" You ask.

"Whenever a boy tries to walk up the steps to the girls dormitories, the steps flatten out, he'd slide all the way down before he could reach the top, honestly, I read it all in, Midgards: a History." She says seriously.

You roll your eyes and move a couple more of your strewn about things, and then open your nightstand drawer. It's gone.

"Michelle it's gone." You say urgently.

"What is?"

"Santho Molrida's diary is gone."
_

You, dressed in your Quidditch robes, dash down a staircase with Peter and Michelle. Down below, Peter spies Penni Parker.

"Hey, Penni! Going to the match?" He asks,
Penni looks up, startled, then shakes her head and exits.

"I tell you, she gets weirder and weirder by the day..." he grimaces.

"Kill this time... Let me rip..."

Your head shoots toward the source of the sound, there it was again, that horrible voice.

You freeze. And Peter and Michelle stop, knowing by your face...

"No... don't tell me..." Peter mutters. He goes to grab your sleeve, but his fingers just fall short, and you begin to absentmindedly follow the sound, running your fingers along the wall. Then abruptly, you turn away and shake your head; it's gone.

Michelle looks up at you strangely, eyes vaguely upon you, but her mind seemingly miles away.

"I think I've just understood something! I've got to go to the library!" She says.

As Michelle sprints back up the stairs, you yell.

"What do you understand!?"

But she's gone. Peter turns to you in puzzlement.

"The library?" He asks.

You sigh, "That's Michelle. When in doubt, go to the library."
_

You and your teammates march toward the Quidditch tower. The cheers of the crowd are heard from above.