Finding a Date

Your arm is in a sling and you have a couple scratches on your face after the first task, but you're feeling alright.

It's breakfast and you sit at the front of the Gryffindor table chatting to Miles Morales who sits next to you at the Ravenclaw table.

You notice Peter is looking at you intently. You look down at him from the front of the table and he spills drink from his mouth and waves you over. You wave goodbye to Miles and plop down next to Peter, and Michelle and Ned sit in front of you eating a piece of toast.

A young boy walks up holding a package in front of Peter.

"Parcel for you Mr. Parker." He says.

"Thanks man." Peter nods.

The boy is gazing at you.

"Uh, not now. Later. Go on." Peter shoos.

"What was that all about?" You ask.

"I told him I'd get him your autograph if he brought me my mail." He looks at the tag on the package, "Oh look, May sent me something."

He cracks open the package, inside is a hideous maroon and orange robe with a lacy collar and matching velvet tights.

"May sent me a...dress??" He asks.

"Well it does match your eyes. Is there a bonnet?" You laugh, pulling the ruffly collar out of the box.

"Ah ha!" You place it on his head.

"Put it down _____." He says, smiling in mock annoyance.

He walks over to Penni Parker and holds it up for her, "Penni these must be for you."

She looks at him in horror, "I'm not wearing that, it's ghastly."

Michelle laughs.

"What are you laughing about?" Peter asks, dumbfounded.

"They're not for Penni they're for you!" The whole Gryffindor table laughs. "They're dress robes."

"Dress robes? for what?"
_

Mr. Lee fusses with a ginormous gramophone sat on a table where his cat, Goose relaxes quietly.

Professor T'Challa, head of Gryffindor house stands before everyone preparing to give an announcement to the whole house.

"The Yule Ball has been a tradition of the Tri-Wizard Tournament since it was created. On Christmas Eve night we and our guests gather in the great hall for a night of well-mannered fun. As representatives of school I expect each and every one of you to put your best foot forward, and I mean this very literally because the yule ball is simply...a dance."

Groans emerge from the boys who are listening on, one side of the room, the girls however seem a lot more excited and begin chattering happily.

"Silence." T'Challa commands, "The house of Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the wizard world for almost ten centuries. I will not have you in the course of a single evening destroy that name by behaving like a- a babbling, bumbling band of baboons."

"Try saying that five times fast." Wanda whispers to you.

"Then try." You shush.

"You're no fun." She groans.

"To dance is to let the body breathe. Now, Mr. Parker if will you join- ah, Ms. Marvel on the dance floor please."  T'Challa nods.

"What?" You both say in unison, your faces turning bright red.