The Battle of Midgards Pt. 1

Ned leads you and the others down the passage.

You lightly hold Peter's shirt sleeve as you navigate through the darkness.

"I don't remember this being on the Marauder's Map." You frown.

"Well...That's because it never existed until now. The seven secret passages were sealed off before the start of the year. This is the only way in or out of the school now. There's Children of Thanos and Dementors lurking around every corner of the castle and grounds as we speak.

Michelle sighs, "How bad is it, Ned? With Loki as the Headmaster."

"I wouldn't know, we hardly ever see him. Now Glaive and Obsidian, those are the people you should be worried about."

"Glaive and Obsidian?"

"They're who Loki has placed in charge of discipline. They're in favor of....'hands on learning'." Ned points to a gash on his neck.

"They did that to you? But...why?" Michelle murmurs.

"Today's Dark Arts lesson had us practicing the Cruciatus Curse. On First Years. And I refused. Listen...Midgards has changed, it's not the place you guys left."

Everyone is shocked, but Ned just grins.

"Come on, don't be so depressed. We're all used to it by now. And well...the thing is, it gives everyone hope when people stand up for themselves and to them. I noticed that because you always did it, ______. Well, onward, we're almost there."

You look at Peter in embarrassment from Ned's flattery, but continue onward.
_

Ned leads the group up a short flight of stone steps to a door, but hesitates and looks back.

"Wait, wait, why don't we have some fun?" He pushes open the door so only he is visible to the students below, "Guys! I have a surprise~!"

A familiar voice groans, "Give it a rest Ned. I can't stand Victors cooking, can't even digest it."

Ned looks back, jerks his head toward the open door.

You, Peter and Michelle step forward, duck through and emerge into a large room filled with dozens of dirty faces that stare and blink at you in utter silence.

"Oh my god." Remy murmurs.

And then voices explode, and madness ensues as the three of you are swallowed up in a scrum of backslaps and handshakes.

Many familiar faces are present: Wade, Luke Cage, Miles Morales, Mary Jane, and plenty of others.

Ned walks to a table, leans down, and whisper to a boy who is speaking into a ham radio.

The boy nods and quickly changes the direction of his broadcast, "SA, calling. Do you read? We have a new weather report: Lightning has struck. I repeat, lightning has struck!"

"Okay, okay! Stand down! Let's not kill them before You-Know-Who gets the chance!" Ned sighs, "What's the plan, _____?"

"I—Um...The—..." You gaze out over the expectant faces in the room, noting the hollow eyes and broken bodies, and most of all the desperate, almost palpable desire for hope.

For a moment you're lost, in awe by the sacrifice your friends have made, much of it for you.

Finally, you speak, "O-Okay. There's something we need to find, something hidden here in the castle. It could help us defeat You-Know-Who."

"What is it?" Luke asks.

"Uh...We don't know."

"Where is it?"