No Rest for the Wicked

You and a very upset Peter walk with desperate purpose.

"She knew something,____. She'd found out something about the Chamber of Secrets. That's why she was taken. I mean, she was- is a pure-blood. There can't be any other reason."

You pull him away, "C'mon. Let's go see Summers. He may be brainless, but he's going to try and get into the Chamber. We can tell him what we know..."

"D'you think there's any chance at all she's not, you
know-" Peter says, solemnly. "I mean...she's only my cousin and, to be honest I don't know her that well, but I still care about her."

You glance over, and study Peter's tortured eyes.

"We'll find her, Peter. Penni is going to be fine." You assure him, giving him a quick hug, he weakly hugs back.

Peter releases and nods, smiles shakily, and looks away.

You suddenly feel very troubled. Even you don't believe what you just said. And you feel immensely bad for trying to give Peter false hope.
_

You and Peter dash inside Professor Summers office.

"Professor, we've got some information for you-" you  start to say, but then you and Peter both stop dead.

Summers' office is stripped to the shelves. Two large trunks stand open.

"Are you going somewhere?" You say.

"Um, well, yes. Urgent call. Unavoidable. Got to go..." Summers mutters.

"What about my cousin?" Peter says furiously.

"Well, as to that- most unfortunate. No one regrets more than I-" Summers sputters.

"You're the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher! You can't go now!" Peter shouts, more angry than you had ever seen him before.

"I must say, when I took the job, nothing in the job description-" Summers says, almost offended.

"You're running away? After all that stuff you did in your books?" You ask, dumbfounded.

"Books can be misleading." He responds.

"You wrote them!" You shout.

"My dear girl, do use your common sense. My books wouldn't have sold half as well if people didn't think I'd done all those things. No one wants to read about some ugly old Armenian warlock, even if he did save a village from werewolves. He'd look dreadful on the front cover. No dress sense at all..." Summers sneers.

"You're a fraud! You've just been taking credit for what a load of other wizards have done!"

"_____,_____,_____. There was work involved. I had to track these people down and ask them exactly how they managed to do what they did. No, it's not all book signings and publicity photos. You want fame, you have to be prepared for a long, hard slog." Summers says.

"Is there even anything you can do?" Peter scoffs.

"Yes, now that you mention it. I'm rather gifted with Memory Charms. Otherwise, you see, all those wizards would've gone blabbing and I'd never have sold another book. I'm afraid I'll have to do the same to you both, lest you do the same."

Summers lifts his wand, but you're quicker.

"Expelliarmus!"

Summers flies backwards, toppling into one of the open trunks, his wand flying across the floor.

"Looks like those Dueling Lessons came in handy after all, Professor."
_

Former Professor Summers walks ahead of you and Peter, your wands pointed at him. Screaming Starr floats above the cistern.