Blind Betrayal

The world spins as you lie on your back on a bed of
leaves and twigs. Above, sunlight streams through a
canopy of trees. Wincing, you rise on your elbows,
and spot the locket lying in the dirt.

You scramble up, and scoop it into your fingers, grinning.

"______, quickly, in my bag, there's a small bottle labeled 'Essence of Dittany.'" Michelle calls.

You turn, and see Michelle bent over Peter's twitching body.

"Quickly!" She yells.

You blink in shock, and stumble dizzily to the bag. As you reach inside, objects present themselves in furious succession.

Your brain glazes over with thoughts, "Accio Dittany."

A small brown bottle lands in your palm.

"Unplug it." Michelle instructs.

Michelle rips open Peter's shirt, which is soaked in blood. The flesh of his upper arm is flayed, as if someone had scooped a portion away.

"Oh my god— Michelle. His arm—" You choke, tears beginning to well up in your eyes.

"Just do it!" She demands.

You follow her instruction, and hand her the bottle.

Peter's head slumps over to look at you, he lifts his uninjured arm and his hand and caresses your face, his own blood staining his hand. You hold it to your face, your tears washing the blood away. He is breathing only shallowly and his eyes are glazed over.

Michelle's shaking hand sprinkles three drops from the bottle onto Peter's bleeding wound. Greenish smoke billows from it.

"What happened? Michelle, I- I thought we were going back to Tony's house." You say, your voice thick.

"We were— W-We were there. But s-someone — they had hold of me. I knew we couldn't stay once they'd seen, so when they let go I brought us here. Peter got Splinched. I'm...sorry...this....this is my fault."

"Don't be stupid." You sniff.

The smoke sifts, and clears. Peter's wound no longer bleeds, he drops his hand and you squeeze it gently.

"This all I feel safe doing so far." Michelle rises, takes out her wand and begins to walk in a wide circle, muttering, her hands soaked in Peter's blood.

"Salvio Hexia...Protego Totalum..." She mutters.

Peter's face is now peaceful, he is breathing slowly, eyes closed. You place his head in your lap and gently stroke his hair, wiping his blood from your cheek.

"What're you doing?" You ask.

"Protective enchantments. I don't want another visit like we had at the coffee shop, do you? Especially with Peter like this. He'll be fine. You can get going on the tent..."

You knit your brows together, "Tent? Where am I supposed to find—" you stop, glancing down at Michelles bag, then back to Michelle.

She doesn't even notice, still busy muttering spells, "Repello Muggletum... Muffliato..."
_

The tent glows from within under a starlit sky.

Michelle pours tea from a kettle into cups, "How're the mushrooms? They seem to be the only edible things growing 'round here."

You grimace as you chew. "Edible" is debatable.

"They're great." You grin, "I'll have to leave some for Pete."