Occlumency

You place down several plates onto the table and look at Tony.

"Tony I—" you stop, contemplating your next words.

Tony looks at you, "It's okay, whatever it is you wanna tell me, I'm sure I can handle it, _____."

"...When I saw the attack, well, its like...I was the creature. I felt it's teeth like they were mine, saw through it's eyes like they were mine..."

Tony looks concerned.

"I...think I might be going crazy." You sigh.

There is a horrible silence, Tony looks only slightly uncomfortable, but he's doing a good job to hide it.

"No, you're fine. I bet you're just tired, you had a rough night. So did Peter and May. Would you mind seeing if the want anything to eat?"

"Oh...Yeah."

You walk upstairs and knock on Mays door, "Um, May, Tony wants to know if you'd like anything to eat?"

She sniffles, it's muffled through the door, "Oh, I'm f-fine, thank you."

You frown, "Okay, tell me if you need anything.
Anything at all."

She doesn't respond.

You sigh and walk to Peter's room, you take a deep breath and gently knock on the door. Silence.

"Pete?" You whisper.

Nothing. You knock again, still no response.

You gently open the door, Peter is laying on his bed, facing away from you. You close the door and lay down next to him, pressing your forehead onto the back of his neck; and place your arm around his waist. Like always, your hands find the fabric of his shirt and fist it tightly.

He's asleep, so words are no use. You hope he's having good dreams.

I'm so sorry, Peter. If I just would've been quicker.
_

After staying with a sleeping Peter for around an hour, you'd made your mind up. Being careful not to wake him, you get out of his bed, walk to your room and begin to pack your things determinedly.

A portrait on the wall of an old Midgards headmaster glances at you, "Ah...running away, are we?"

"I have to." You huff.

The portrait chuckles, "You know, I thought Gryffindors were supposed to be brave."

"Well I'm supposed to be a lot of things. I won't hurt anyone else. Especially not the person I love."

"I see. You are running out of nobility. You know, that's why I hated teaching. Children think everything is so permanent; always think they know what's best, as if no one else could possibly understand things better."

You open the window and move towards it, leaning out, "Have you been in my room all this time?"

"No, I only come when I have messages from Strange. And I have one now, he says, 'Stay where you are.'"

"That's it?" You say angrily, tossing your backpack onto the ground, "Stay here while the grow-ups sort everything out?"

The portrait rolls it's eyes, "When in all your life has listening to Strange ever led you into trouble? Whatever his reasons, he has your best interest at heart, Marvel." The man moves off the portrait frame and vanishes.