Jealousy

You and your friends lean into a bitter wind, trudging through deep snow.

"For weeks you carry around this book, practically sleep with it...and you have no desire to find out who The Half-Blood Prince is?" Michelle asks.

You roll your eyes, "I didn't say I wasn't curious.
And, by the way, I don't sleep with it."

Peter laughs sarcastically, "Yeah. Right."

You glare at him.

"Well, it's true. I liked a having a nice talk in the common room before we went to bed. Now you're always reading that book. It's like being with
Michelle."

This time it's Michelle's turn to glare, "Well, I was curious. So I went to—"

"The library." You and Peter say in unison.

"And?" You ask.

She huffs, "And... nothing. There's no reference to a Half-Blood Prince anywhere."

"Good. That settles it then." You grin.

Michelle starts to object, when:

"Hey guys!" Bruce emerges out of the trees, behind him, deep in the woods, dark silhouettes (Aurors) can be seen.

"What've you got there, Bruce?" Michelle points to the burlap bag he's carrying.

He tips open the bag, and the three of you grimace.

"Stinksap. So much of it, the trees are full of it this time of year."

"Stinksap? You're not sick, are you?" You question.

"It's not for me. It's for Aragog. You remember Aragog, don't you?"

Michelle looks confused, but you and Peter shutter with fear. She had been petrified when you and Peter made your visit to the King of the Arachnids nearly four years ago.

"Spider? About six feet tall? Ten feet wide?" Peter frowns.

"That's the one. He's very sick. I'm hoping I can save him. Keep your fingers crossed." Bruce crosses his fingers.

You and Peter force grins, and do the same. Peter shakes his head as Bruce disappears back into the trees.

"Does he not remember that beast and his kids tried to eat us? What?" Peter sees Michelle staring at the Aurors again.

Michelle looks distant, "The Aurors. I know they're here to protect us, but...I don't feel any safer."

Just then you spy Professor Wong, heading down towards the Village, passing a weary Professor Pym coming the other way.

"Hank! I was hoping to find you at the Three Broomsticks." Wong grins.

"Emergency choir practice, I'm afraid, Wong." Pym continues marching along toward the castle.

You watch Wong continue on towards Midsmeade.

Your eyebrow raises, "Who's up for a Butterbeer?"
_

As the three of you enter, you glance around, and locate Wong at the bar, planted plumply on a stool.

"No. Over here." You call.

Peter and Michelle, in the midst of seating themselves at a perfectly acceptable (and clean) table, watch you seat yourself at a table with the trash of a previous customer, however the table puts you in direct view of Professor Wong.

The two of them exchange a glance, shrug, sit with you. Peter starts to take the chair directly opposite to you, blocking your view.

You furrow your eyebrows together, "No, no. Sit next to me."