17. The Letter

{ Eun Bi's P.O.V }

Eating, laughing, talking about your plans, sharing your experiences. What can be better than having a meal with your family?

"Soon after I started doing my work in the evening, I fell asleep. And now I have a load of homework as well as the notes I missed in class to complete," said Unnie, making mom and me chuckle.

"It's not funny. You guys are always making fun of me," Unnie said, huffing out an angry breath as she intertwined her arms.

"Ooh, my Eun Byul is mad?" Mom said, caressing Unnie's head, "Don't worry. I'm sure you'll be able complete your work on time," nodding her head at Unnie, she stood up.

"Mom, are you going already?" I asked, putting down my chopsticks.

"Hmm. I'm late already," slipping on her coat, she spread out her arms towards us, "Come on, hurry up!"

Smiling, I stood up and gave mom a big hug, "See you at night," I said before backing away from the hug.

Smiling at me before placing her hands on her waist, mom turned to the still busy in eating Unnie, "Eun Byul, aren't you giving me a hug?"

"Tch, of course not. It's so childish."

I looked over at mum and her expression suddenly turned from a bubbly one to a sad one.

"Oh, okay. See you two at night, take care," patting my arm, she hung her purse on her shoulder before walking towards the door.

At the speed of light, Unnie stood up and ran towards mom, grabbing her shoulders before turning her around, "Hugs are childish. Big kids have forehead kisses," said Unnie, smiling cheekily.

Narrowing her eyes at Unnie before wearing a wide smile, mom slightly hit Unnie's arm, "You little brat."

"Ouch. It hurts," Unnie said, holding her arm dramatically.

"Such a child," mom said, caressing unnie's arm before giving her forehead a kiss, "Okay, I've to leave now. Take care you two. There is food, fruits, ice cream and other eating stuff in fridge if you get hungry, and if I'm too late, eat your food and go to sleep, and don't pile up dishes after eatin-"

"Mom, we know that, we're not kids, okay?" Unnie said, reassuring mom.

"To me you are and always be," said mom, pinching Unnie's nose, "Bye now," opening the door, mom waved at us before shutting the door close.

Unnie turned around, placing her hands on her waist, "You'll wash the dishes."

"Why would I?"

"Because you're the younger one here. And while mum is off, I'm the elder one who you'll have listen to," plopping down on the living room's couch, unnie turned on the tv, "But for now, let's watch a drama," she said, turning around and wiggling her brows at me in excitement.

I chuckled before joining her.

~~~

The drama that unnie put up was quite boring, which made unnie fall asleep through halfway. Taking the controller from her hand, I turned off the tv. Chuckling at her weird sleeping pose, I went to our room.

Taking out my books, I realized that most of my work is complete, leaving only practice work of math's equations. Deciding to not do it because I don't want to do it, I fell down on my bed, staring at the ceiling. Taking out my cell phone and scrolling through random and unbeneficial posts for a few minutes, I threw it on the bed.

Looking around the room, my eyes stopped at Unnie's bagpack. Smiling, I decided to complete Unnie's notes. Walking up to her bag and opening it, I realized just how messy a bag can possibly  be.

Fiddling through her books and stuff for a while, trying to find the specific subjects notes, I held her bag upside down, giving up. All the contents of her bag were now sprawled out on the bed. Books, crumpled papers, few stationary, candies, and some wrappers, I facepalmed myself before separating the wanted and unwanted stuff.

While taking out the crumpled papers, a crumpled light blue envelope caught my attention.

Straightening and opening the envelope, I saw that it wasn't a simple crumpled paper, but a letter.

A letter from... Taehyung?

To:

The bestest best friend

So.... I apologize.

Now before you rip the letter, please don't rip it, I'd like to make a few things between us very clear.

First of all, I fu*ked up.

Blindly trusting Jungkook was natural for me as his older brother but not listening to you as a best friend was really my fault.

I'm really very sorry.

I can even say to you while bowing at a perfect 90 degree angle while holding my ears if that is what it'll take for you to forgive me.

I know what I did won't be easy for you to just forget in one day but please, don't ignore me.

I'll wait for your reply.

From:

The foolish best friend

I had only just reached the end of the letter when suddenly my phone beeped, making me jump in shock.

That scared me!

Reaching out for my cell phone, a gasp left my mouth as I saw a text from Taehyung.

H-He has not possibly set cameras in this letter, has he?

Not possibly, right?

From, Tae

I'm hungry, Eun Bi~~ Let's go grab something to eat~~

Reading his text, I glanced at the letter before averting my gaze back to my cell phone's screen.

The letter... I should give it to Unnie as soon as she wakes up.

Judging her behaviour since the last few days, I'm sure she'd be willing to forgive Taehyung after giving him a smack or a few.

Then they will become best friends again.

And I...

I will be ditched once again by the both of them.

Glancing at the text once again, I was sure that had Unnie and Taehyung not fought, I would have never received this text.

Unnie and Taehyung...

Maybe it's better for the both of them to part their ways.

Friendship with Taehyung and closeness of Unnie, I don't want to lose these and become an isolated person again who eats their lunch by themselves.

This opportunity...

I will take it.

Sorry, Unnie.
Sorry, Taehyung.

To be continued....