37. Betrayal

{ Lee Eun Byul's P.O.V }

"Let it go! Lee Eun Byul!"

......

Lee... EUN BYUL?!

At his words, all my actions stopped. Just then, the door creaked open a bit and popped out an eye of Taehyung's, "I meant Eun Bi. You know I'm used to calling Eun Byul so her name slipped off my tongue. Bye!" saying that, he shut the door in my face.

Tilting my head, I mumbled, "...What?"

~~~

"That dam*ed guy. He dares shut the door in my face when I even gave him the cake." sitting on my bed, I stuffed my face with cake as I scrolled through my phone aimlessly.

"I mean... what's even his problem?" I said, poking my cheek slightly with the fork in my hand.

Suddenly, my bed started shaking. With a chill running down my spine, I gulped. Sitting up and getting ready to run a marathon downstairs, I realised that it was actually my phone buzzing and not an earthquake.

"This old phone. Just how old even is this?" gritting my teeth, I picked up the call, "Yello."

From the other side came no answer but the sound of sniffing and sobbing.

"Eh?" holding the phone away, I looked at the caller's name.

"Eun bi, is that you? Why are you crying?!" I yelled in the phone after seeing Eun Bi's name on it.

"U-Unnie..."

"For God's sake, Eun Bi, say something! My heart's gonna blow!"

"Unnie I-I lied.. to you."

At her words, I looked at the half-eaten cake which I promised mom that I won't touch until she comes back home.

"That's it? I lie on a daily basis y'know."

"No, Unnie. I-It's different from that."

"Okay, I'll hear you. But first, take a deep breath and calm down. And please go and clean your nose, you're sniffing too much."

"UNNIE!"

"Haha, just kidding. So what has my angel Eun Bi lied about?"

"Unnie, please stop joking. Y-You're making this... harder."

"Eun Bi, seriously, what's wrong? And please stop with the stuttering and pauses."

"Sorry..."

"Now tell me, what happened to make you cry so much?"

"It's about... Taehyung."

"THAT DAMNED GUY AGAIN. IMMA PULL HIS EYES OUT AND CRUSH THAT FACE OF-"

"Unnie, calm down. He didn't do anything."

"Oh yeah? Then is it that psycho lil brother of his??"

"No! They both didn't do anything!"

"Oh... So who did what?"

"I-I lied to you... about Taehyung."

"Lied what?"

"Well... It was the other day when I was doing your homework and I found his letter in your bag. He... He apologized to you right after he found that Jungkook lied to him..."