23. Revenge Through Sacrifice

{ Eun Byul's P.O.V }

Running around the house, I opened the door to each room and looked in every nook of the house but Eun Bi wasn't anywhere.

She wouldn't have gone to school today.

Or maybe she did?

Scratching the back of my head, I took a last look around the room. My eyes stopped at the neatly folded envelope resting on my bedside table. Deciding to ignore it, I went back to mum's room and saw her reading a paper.

"Why are you casually reading a paper while I missed my flight here?" I said, slumping beside mum on her bed in frustration.

"Eun Byul," said mum in a monotoned voice.

"Hmm?" I hummed, rubbing my hands on my face.

"She left."

"No, I didn't."

"NOT YOU!" mum yelled, making me jump up in surprise.

"Mum, what's wrong?" I asked, seeing the tears in her eyes. My eyes averted from her teary eyes to the paper in her hands. Moving closer to her, I peeked on the paper, reading it's content.

Eyes widening in shock, I gasped before clutching the paper from mum's hands who now had started crying.

My dear beautiful mum,

You've always kept the promises you made to me even though you're not my real momYou've always treated me in the best way any parent ever can.

But I, I wasn't ever a good daughter to you. I'm sorry
for always making you worry about me. I couldn't keep my promise to convince Unnie on staying with us.

 But mum, I love you and will always do. I'll try to be a  better daughter who is independent like Unnie. I'll make you proud one day mum, I promise. So you won't have any regrets on raising two twins who weren't your own.

I will keep my promise and keep Unnie back, by going in place of her.

                                       Lots of love,                           Eun Bi