46. Sarah

{ Jungkook's P.O.V }

"Nothing happened?! Nothing at all?!" Jungkook asked in disbelief as he took a sip of water.

It had been a few days since Jungkook's accident. His parents arrived the day after the accident happened. The moment they arrived, they announced that Jungkook will go back home to Korea with them as soon as he was recovered enough to board a flight.

Even though I refused, Jungkook made me come every afternoon after school to update him about the situation at school but he, as well as I, was quite surprised when nothing weird happened the past few days.

"Not a single thing, I'm telling you," I said, shaking my head as I sat on the chair beside his bed.

"That's weird." he said as he continued eating his food, "Wanna try?" he asked, holding out a spoon full of porridge towards me.

"No, thanks," I said, pushing his hand away with slight disgust on my face.

I hate porridge.

"Where are your parents?" I asked, looking around the room.

"They went out for sight-seeing."

At his words, I choked on my saliva, "S-Sight-seeing?"

He nodded, continuing to eat his porridge while making disgusted expressions with each bite, "I'll be discharged in a few days. And they know you come to visit me at this time and since I'm not in critical condition anymore," he paused as he set the spoon beside the empty porridge bowl, "They went out."

I nodded as silence befell between us for a few moments. It was no longer the awkward silence like before but it was peaceful. For me, it was just like being with Unnie or mom.

"Say, Eun Bi?" Jungkook asked, looking at the sky from the window.

"What?" I asked, following his gaze to the white fluffy clouds outside.

"Don't you think we are very similar to hyung and Eun Byul?"

At his question, I creased my brows in confusion, "How come?"

"For example," sitting straightly as he turned towards me, he continued, "We both are in America. We are the only ones who speak Korean here and..." he trailed off, no more things left to count.

Actually, Hobi hyung can speak Korean too but maybe he hasn't met him yet.

(Note: Jungkook has never met Hoseok inside school grounds)

"Well, I guess," I answered as I leaned back in my chair, crossing my hands behind my head.

"So..." he trailed off, fiddling with his fingers.

"So what?" I asked as I straightened up.

He patted the space on his bed in front of him. Without asking any questions, I stood up and sat there, "You were saying?"

"Yeah, so... Can't we become..."

"What's with you trailing off? Are you a high-school girl confessing her first love or what?" I joked as I crossed my legs.

"Don't tease me," he said, glaring at me.

I held up my hands in defense, "I have my mouth shut."

"So, I was saying earlier... Can't we become..."

He trailed off again but I didn't complained as I listened curiously.

"... Friends?"

Listening to his words, I blinked a few times with a blank look on my face.