42. Good Change

{ Eun Bi's P.O.V }

Silence. Grave silence.

It has been exact four hours since the moment I stepped inside this empty, ridiculously and unnecessarily big house. Doing tasks like cleaning, studying, preparing and eating dinner and watching television made these four hours bearable but now that I sat on the couch in the living room, it was so silent I could hear my own heartbeat.

I wish someone was here.

*creak*

Jumping on the sudden creaking voice that came from the kitchen, I stood up abruptly. And the very next moment, my heart almost jumped straight out of my mouth when the doorbell rang and echoed throughout the house.

Gulping, I walked towards the door and peered through the peep hole but it was futile due to the darkness spread outside. Even though, despite the darkness, I could see a frame shuffling right outside.

"W-Who is it?" I asked, grabbing the umbrella that was placed nearby.

"Ghost." came the reply.

That voice...

Opening the door slightly, I peeked outside, "Jeon Jungkook? What are you doing here?"

Placing his finger on my forehead before pushing me, he stepped inside, "Are all houses in America so big? Though this house is no match with Jimin hyung's mansion, it's still twice the size of our house on Korea," he said, walking inside casually as he took off his cap, "Oh! Right!" saying that, he turned around to face me, "Sorry for the intrusion." he said before smiling widely.

I sighed as I closed the door, "Come in.
," I said as we made our way into the living room, "What are you plotting this time?" I asked as I motioned him to sit on the couch.

Sitting down in a mannerful way, he placed his cap beside him, "Nothing. I'm just here to talk."

At his statement, I gave him a narrow-eyed look.

"Don't judge me like that. Would you sit down now or are you gonna keep standing?"

Sitting down and folding my hands in my lap, I said, "What is it you want to talk about? Just to make sure, I still don't feel completely comfortable around you and let alone, trust you, so you better make it quick."

"Don't worry. I won't try anything funny nor will take much of your time," looking around the house, he turned to me with a confused look, "Where's your uncle and aunt? It's quite late, aren't they home yet?"

"They went off on a trip. Won't be back for weeks," I answered as I shrugged my shoulders.

"For weeks? You'll be alone all that time?"

"Seems so."

"Hmm, okay. Anyways back to the topic, the reason I'm here is the reason why I came to America in the first place."

Creasing my brows in confusion, I asked, "And that is?"

"It is..." he trailed off as he stood up and suddenly, he bowed to me at a perfect 90° angle.

"W-What are you doing?" I waved my hands in air as I stood up.

"I'm sorry, Lee Eun Bi," he said, still bowing, "I know I can't make up for everything I've done to you but..." straightening up, he looked at me with eyes full of honesty with not even an ounce of evil in his whole face which made me question if this was the same Jungkook I knew in Korea, "I just want to assure you that I will never ever do anything like that again. Not to you nor anyone else."